Monday, October 12, 2009

Angel to My Rescue

I relapsed quite vigorously with this flu on Friday night, Jonathan came down with it too. Luckily, my Friend Renee came without hesitation Saturday morning and has been here since! She has been staying the night, taking care of us, and has been a complete Angel!!!! I can't thank her enough!!!

28 comments:

  1. Oh no Katie. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. What a nice friend to come over to help. I hope she doesn't get sick too!!

    How is Johnathon doing now?

    And yes, we saw Couples Retreat. I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisihin you & Jonathan get well wishes!! I'd love to see you at Don's wedding but more than that I just hope you guys feel better, that is crummy :( Thinkn & prarying for ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie...
    Sending you both get well wishes!!!
    Hugs,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan and I some how got two different stands of the virus. He is on a road to recovery, I however am still very sick and advised to stay down. I hope my friend does not get sick either, however that is doubtful. Pretty incredible she is over here risking her own health!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Jonathon is better! YOU STAY IN BED!!!
    Hope your friend doesn't get it! Does this mean you won't be coming to the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are better, and even well enough to come to the wedding this weekend!!!! Crossing my fingers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is, thank you Lord for blessing my wife with Rennee's presences. When you are in the position I am in, without being able to help your wife at all, there is no better gift then the help of a friend. Thank you Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sean, It's been my pleasure to be here helping her and Jonathan. I know exactly what it's like when your hubby is overseas serving his country and you're sick. I only wish I had a magic wand to make her feel better. I adore Katie and I hate seeing her sick but I'm glad to be helping her out. I asked Mick if he minded that I was over here helping Katie out and he informed me that it was my "duty." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie,
    I found out earlier that your Dad flew in to be with you. I have been thinking of you all day!!!!!! Now listen here....you drink fluids, get plenty of rest, and DO NOTHING!!!!! If you let J come back to CA, he is welcome to stay here with us. I can keep him busy and out of trouble all at the same time. Thinking of you, young cousin o mine!
    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kristy, that means so much. Please tell Donovan how sad I am that I'm missing his Wedding. I waited until today to cancel our flight arrangements in hopes that I would be better. I'm so upset that it has come to this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie,
    We are sure thinking of you. Hope you feeling somewhat better by now.
    Much love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinkin of you Katie & hope you're feeling somewhat better!! And Jonathan too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katie,
    I got your message on my blog! I have been keeping tabs on you through my Mom, who is talking to your Dad. I am so happy to hear you are FINALLY feeling better. Even if it is a little bit, you are now on the mend. Take good care of yourself kiddo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katie,

    I've been thinking about you! I talked with Keri at Don's wedding and she told me that your Dad went up to be with you. I sure hope you are starting to feel a bit better!!! I really wish there was something I could do. We missed seeing you, but mostly we all just want you to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie,
    I hope you are much better by now. Erika has it now, and she is terrible sick! I hope it doesn't last as long with her that it did with you!!!!! Now, hoping and praying Noah and Hannah and Claire don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristy,
    Unfortunately I am not much better, this has to be something other than just the flu! I have many apts. tomorrow and hopes for some answers. I highly suggest that Erika take Tamiflu (perscription) within the first 48 hrs. I did not, Jonathan did and he only had it for 2 days!
    I hope that Erika is able to fight it quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie,
    Your last post has turned into a communication board for us! I sure hope you get some answers. What are your symptoms now?
    Eri seems no worse today, and I still have Noah. She did start on Tamiflu yesterday, and the dr suggested that Noah do as well. But the pharmacy was out of it. I called my PHarm friend today and he is getting it ready for him. So he will be somewhat protected.
    Hope you are better real soon Kate!
    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kristy,
    It was very difficult for me to find the Tamiflu for Jonathan and I was only able to get half the complete dose. I'm glad you are able to get it for Noah.
    My intestines have been hit so aggresively. Both ends and severe abdominal pain along with a terrible headache and on and on!! My respiratory cough has cleared up completely and I'm going on 3 weeks now of being sick and that is why I'm certain this is no longer the flu! Oh how I truly hope and pray that I start to feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh poor Katie!!! That is a long time to be sick!! I hope they can get some relief for you. Have you taken a little time off work?
    Yes, my friend owns a pharmacy here in town, and when I found out the tamiflu for babies or children was going to be hard to find, I called them, and he is a compound pharmacist, and he made it for me, thank goodness! Noah is much better already. My how fast bounce back, compared to adults. Erika is also better, but she is weak and feeling very tired and still way off her feet. I sure am hoping you kick this thing fast Katie.
    This tired grandma is going to bed. Was up all night with Noah last.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katie I cannot imagine how you're feeling after all this time! I am still very weak, my body aches & my head has been throbbing since I've been sick--And this is all after I feel much better! I do feel much better, but far from good. This week I intend only to go to work & home to rest. I can tell I'm going to have to regain my strenght & my whole equilibrium is off. That being said it was only a week for me...You're remaining in my prayers, keep us posted on what the dr says! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Erika! I'm glad your feeling better. All we know at this point, is that the Dr. finally say it's not flu related. I have lost over 16lbs in 3 weeks, my eyes hurt, my neck hurts, my legs and arms are so weak, I have bad joint pain, and my stomach is just a mess! I hope to God I can start to get some answers. Keep Noah well too, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie,
    I am thinking of you. Hope they find the source of this soon!!! Hang in there!
    Love,
    KRisty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Kristy.

    I finally see a GI doctor tomorrow!! My Dad is leaving tomorrow too, so I'm not feeling too well over that considering my condition. I'm seem to be a lot worse in the mornings and evenings. Today I weighed in at 18lbs lost now, it's just all very scary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh Katie, that is a lot of weight to lose so quickly. Hoping today brings you closer to answers! I wish there was something I could do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh Katie my <3 goes out to you! That is all very scary & I hope the dr gave you something for the pain meanwhile. Are you not keeping food down? Or no appetite? I'm worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Katie darling, If you need me I'm here. If Dad needs to leave I can come running over to be with you....no worries! It's still so hard to believe that they aren't able to nail this down. Hopefull the GI doc can give you some answers and some relief! I know this is driving you mad because you are such a happy, perky person. Saying my prayers that they find this quickly and get you all better.

    ReplyDelete