Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Precious Moments

From the Mouth of Babes:

After I picked up Jonathan this evening from after school care we were driving home and I received a call from my Dr. on my cell phone. For the most part, I'm very mindful of what is discussed in front of Jonathan and did not realize the impact of my conversation was having on Jonathan with this particular Dr.. As soon as I hung up the phone, Jonathan immediately asked with joy "Your Pregnant"?? I was baffled and said "NO, why would you think I'm pregnant"? We proceed into conversation and Jonathan demands to know then "Why are you NOT pregnant"???? For me this is the last conversation I want to be having with my 8 year old child, and I usually shoot straight from the hip, but I was desperately searching for the "right and perfect" words for this topic. I try explaining to Jonathan without detail that you need a husband and a wife in order to make a baby. He quickly spouts "YOU HAVE A HUSBAND". Yes, I know Jonathan, but a husband and a wife have to be together in the same physical location in order to make a baby. And, just like a Man, my little Man comes quickly with a response to "FIX" this problem ;)
He says as Confidently as one can "Mom, Mr. Sean says I'm the Man of the House while he is gone, I will help you make a baby, can we make one tonight"????!!!!!!! ;)

Jonathan loves to help in the kitchen, it never dawned on me that he thought "baby making" was like making a batter of brownies!!! ;)

Then by the Grace of God, we pulled up to the mailbox and got the mail. Inside was a letter for Jonathan from Sean. There is only ONE thing BETTER than receiving gifts from your spouse, and that is watching the pure joy in your child's eyes when they receive something unexpected from them!!! Jonathan was beaming from ear to ear with this AWESOME very vividly detailed letter that captured Jonathan's attention!
So, Jonathan read his letter from top to bottom and examined all the drawings on the back and was now onto a NEW TOPIC!!!! And, off to Soccer we went!!! ;) Phewwwwwwwwwwwww, THANK YOU SEAN!!

Sometimes it's the smallest things that touch the heart the very most!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Katie, that is so precious! And what timing....a letter from Sean. How neat that he takes such special time with Jonathon.
    So..........are you.......? You know......
    Pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is so sweet. I think Johnathon really wants a sibling, eh? That is so neat that Sean is so close with Johnathon. What a happy day for him to receive such special mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Brendon was about that age when he asked about having a sibling (which wasn't physically possible) and instead of trying to go into great detail I merely explained that Mommy's tummy was broken. He promptly replied......"We should go see Barney. He can fix anything!" Yeah, like a big purple dinosaur can make baby miracles happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! I love reading your blog. That is such a funny story. Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonathan sure has away of making everyone laugh. I sure do miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sean.....so you get to read this blog from way over there??? How great! Stay safe.....we are praying for you, and all the troops!
    Cousin Kristy

    ReplyDelete