Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas.........

And all through this house, creatures Were stirring, I think even a mouse....
The stockings were hung by the kitchen with some care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be here.......
Our Jonathan, Finallyyyyyy....nestled snug in his bed,
Certainly with visions of Avatar & Legos in his head,
And Mamma back in her jammies, & Seannie with his Kindle in hand once AGAIN!!!!

With the dilemma of wrapping still not complete,
I set my mind to better visions of what I'd rather defeat,

Our tree is fake & 3 foot tall at most,
My father makes fun from the southern coast,
But, simplicity this year is what truly matters most.....

Boxes arrive with last minute gifts,
this year we stay home and avoid all family tiffs ;)

A special envelope arrives that says "do not open until Christmas Day",
Ha, yeah right, no possible way,
It must be urgent as far as I deem,
The best gift on earth, gift certificates for massive amounts of Ice Cream,

So at age 31, I still do not listen,
My Dad will laugh & smile with glisten,

I say silent prayers for all of our soldiers near and far,
Having great pride for them all, for they are all Exceptionally above par,

So tonight, this one night, regardless of health,
My Husband & Son define my great wealth,

I sit next to my husband with love in my heart,
Knowing that soon we again shall be apart,
I will enjoy some hot cocoa & snuggle with Sean,
& have peaceful dreams of Ms. Aida's delicious flan..........

Merry Christmas to all, and to all A Good Night...............

Thank you for a Wonderful Dinner Sanchez family!

4 comments:

  1. What a great poem! Merry Christmas!!! Let me know how your surgery goes. I will be thinking about you.
    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute poem! Very cute. Hope you guys had a nice Christmas. Is your surgery on Monday? I am praying for you Katie. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the part about regardless of health, your husband and son define your wealth. Priceless! And could your blog photo be ANY cuter? That's like something out of a magazine!!!

    It sounds like you are having surgery. I don't know what it's for, but I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete