Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Weekend 2010

 

I have been out of touch with updating my blog lately.  I spend the majority of my day preventing puking & keeping J from scratching that Mystery Rash of his that he still has.  On Friday Morning Jim (Sean’s Step Dad) & Alana (Sean’s half sister) flew in from Tahoe to visit US!

But  first, I finally decided on a new car for myself and in my driveway is a pretty white one of these……

2010_highlander_hybrid_1

2010 Swager Wagon, j/k a 2010 Toyota Highlander.  I love the smell of fresh leather seats in a car, smells so darn good!

So, over the weekend it Rained & Rained, & as it’s doing right now, it rained some more!!!  Ruining our plans of Rock Climbing and turning us to the Artsy Fartsy Seattle Activities such as the Pacific Science Center.

circus_banner_717x190

I myself am not a fan of ANY sort of Museum.  I find it to be the most torturing excursion for myself and I find it to be funny that the gene has rubbed off on to Jonathan.  Jonathan & I turn into 2 little crabs, walking sideways the entire day, waiting for the torture to end… ;)

Sean, Jim, & Alana on the other hand very much LOVE it, so we were outnumbered!

We also went to the Art Museum of Glass in Tacoma….

exhibitions

The kids glass was fun to browse at, other than that, another day of torture for me and the kid.

Finally, after a day of shopping

MV5BMTY0OTU1NzkxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI2NDUzMw@@._V1._SX94_SY140_

Alana, J, and I went and saw Shrek 4.  I thought it was really cute & terribly funny!

I took one picture the whole time Jim & Lani were here  ;(  Even though we did the artsy tours of Seattle, we had such a great visit with the  2 of them.  Lots of eating, playing, and we even went bowling one night!  It was a great time & so thankful they flew up to visit us!

We waited to tell Jim & Lani that I was pregnant until they got here & guess what Jim brought for Sean???  His Baby Book!!!  How ironic & suiting! 

7 comments:

  1. Nice car Katie! I love the Honda SUV's. I miss having an SUV. You will love your new wheels, and need the space for baby!!!
    Glad you had a nice visit with Sean's family in town. Baby book, how perfect was that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there baby mama!
    I meant to Thank you for the Book.
    I have been in a tunnel of busyness for weeks but I got my prize and I did have a very good day- as I recall you were praying for me to have a baby? Looks like it backfired!
    Better for you than for me...I did have good news that day though- It a bit premature to discuss but in due time...
    Hope your feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering if you were experiencing morning sickness, and now I see the reference to puking. Poor thing! Drink ginger tea if you can -- it always helps my upset stomach.

    Rockin' car, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice new car! I love the smell of leather too. ANd white cars are my fav.

    SOrry you spend most of your time these days trying not to puke. That part of pregnancy majorly stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wwwwhhhewww, you did all that, and managed to not puke? You are superwoman I think!

    Glad yall had a good weekend! And I LOVE the new car :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, congrats on finally deciding on a new car!!!

    That is so, so cool that Jim brought Sean's baby book. God just works that way, doesn't he?

    I like some museums, like old houses, the Boeing museum is kinda cool, but I'm pretty much in agreement with you and J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elissa told me the good news! So happy for you guys....hope you are feeling well!

    Now we need to work on getting James and Elissa pregnant! ha
    (No worries, I have been working on it!)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete