Monday, August 2, 2010

CA Vacation Part: 1

 

We just returned home from our 10 day vacation visiting family and friends in my hometown in Southern CA.  We had a Great trip, very relaxing, and just the perfect dosage of refreshing!   Vacation is always so needed, but I certainly Love returning home, sleeping in my own comfy bed, and getting back to our routines!

IMG_1361

It’s tradition for my Dad to Greet us at the bottom of the Escalators at the Airport, but our flight arrived 30 minutes early, so Jonathan was able to sneak up on his Papa as he walked in and quickly checked the flight times.

IMG_1362

As you can see, J was pretty amused with himself that he scared his Papa with a flick to the ear!

IMG_1367

After arriving, we had to be at my Dad’s house for their Wedding Rehearsal.  Aunt Diane & I even behaved ourselves! ;)

IMG_1386

Baby Brody entertained us with his Baby Boy Push Ups!

IMG_1400

My Dad & Sue have a Beautiful Backyard that has hosted Many Weddings, so it wasn’t a Surprise that they hosted their own Wedding in this Beautiful Location as well.  My Aunt Diane was the “Best Man” & my Sisters & I walked down for my Dad & Sue’s Girls for her.

IMG_1409

My Son Jonathan was a Ring Bearer along with my Nephew Jacob.  Sue’s daughter Andi’s husband Dusty married the two of them.  He has known the two of them for quite some time, so he was able to make it a very personal ceremony.

IMG_1433

They are quite Happy Together! 

IMG_1436

But, I think I’m still his Favorite ;)

IMG_1453

And I s’pose he likes his other daughters too ;)

IMG_1443

And I guess he is probably fond of his New Beautiful Bride and her Daughters Donna & Andi ;)

IMG_1471

But, we know one things for certain…..He Loves His 96 year Old Mama!  My Nana & Dad dancing after we sang Happy Birthday to her!

IMG_1507

You know my Dad is Happy if he is “Cuttin a Rug”!  Congratulations Dad & Sue, may you 2 be just as Happy as ya’ll have been over the last 16 yrs!

This was day 1 of vacation, many more parts to come!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it back home safely Katie. It sure was good to see you, even if it was only for a bit.

    Is Andi's husband's name Dusty and not Daniel? or is Dusty short for Daniel? I might have goofed on his name. woops.

    Can't wait for more of your vacation pics and stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Welcome home! Your day one of vacation was wonderful, eventful and busy! Congratulations to your dad! Their back yard was an ideal place for their wedding, simply beautiful!

    I am amazed at how tall Jonathan is getting, it is like he grew overnight!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Genn, Andi's husband is Dusty & Donna's husband is Dan, no need to fret over it though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another beautiful wedding in that gorgeous backyard! LOVE IT!

    You look great by the way :) And J-Man is growing like a weed!

    ReplyDelete