Yesterday I had a baby shower to go to at 2:00 o’clock & when I left my house @ 1:30 my girlfriend called to tell me she wouldn’t be at her shower because they induced labor about a 1/2 hour ago. This was unexpected because she is not due for another 4 weeks and her husband is currently serving right smack dab in the middle of a Village in Afghanistan right now. She sounded slightly frantic so I asked if she would like for me to come sit with her until her Mom arrived. She said yes, so away I went.
Holanda was having what I thought to be Mild Contractions when I got there because she was conversing on the telephonO when I arrived ;) I sat with her for just over an hour as her contractions didn’t change much and she was dilated to 4 Centimeters. The Doctor came in and broke her water shortly after & her contractions appeared to become much more strong for she appeared to be in A lot of pain. After about 10 painful Contractions she told me to tell the Nurse she was ready for her Epidural. I tried to convince her she should at least try to hold out until 6 Centimeters, but she gave me a “Look”. So I must admit, I kind of reluctantly went out and told the Nurse that my friend was ready for her Epidural and thought to myself what a Wimp! When the Anesthesiologist arrived, I thought it would be a perfect time for me to run down to the Cafeteria to crab a small bite to eat to bring back up with me to the room.
When I returned LESS than 20 minutes later, there was a BABY Latched on
& Nursing from my Friend!!!!
What the Heck????
A Beautiful Baby Girl Arrived while I was making a salad and getting a side of fried Okra!! I doubt my friend will call me again if she goes into labor ;) Luckily Her Mama was there with her!
Welcome Baby Mila!!!


So glad every thing turened out well and everyone is healthy and happy!
ReplyDeleteSorry you missed it!!!
Be careful who YOU call!!!
OH... love it! What a great story. Congratulations to your friends. LOVE the itty bitty toes photo... aww!! :)
ReplyDelete~Jennifer
Katie,
ReplyDeleteDoes this get you excited for your upcoming event? Love the photo of the sweet little feet!
We know for sure that you won't miss your delivery! Congrats to your friend!
Dee Dee
Awww....you're next!!
ReplyDeleteHow funny that you thought she was being wimpy, and she was probably dilated to 10! Congrats to your friend and her precious new baby.
ReplyDeleteHer labor sounds like mine with Claire. When I told Jake 20 mins after my epidural I was ready to push and he said, well probably not, you probably just feel pressure, and I told him GET THE NURSE, and sure enough I was ready. People should just listen to those women in labor! ;)
Oh Katie, this is so cute and funny. So she had the baby natural. WOW! What a cute little angel..love those feet. My heart aches that her husband couldn't be there.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing..
I am so glad it went smoothly and quickly for her! You are going to be there before you know it lady! Congrats to your friends!
ReplyDeleteKatie--you have the weirdest luck!! Love the cutie piggy shot : )
ReplyDeleteI love the picture you got of the little baby feet. Congratulations to your friend, babies are a blessing. That's great that you could be there with her.
ReplyDelete