Monday, November 1, 2010

Harry Potter Themed, Mother Hosted……

Everything in J’s life lately has been revolved around Harry Potter!  I remember when the books 1st came out, he was entirely too young, but as he got older I thought he would be interested in watching the movies, but they scared him.  In the past 6 months he has developed quite a liking for All things Harry Potter!  The Books, The Movies, The Legos, and of course what else would he choose to be this year for Halloween, none other than

Mr. Harry Q. Potter!

IMG_2046

I hosted a small Halloween Dinner that night to start off the Festivities.

IMG_2053

I made my Chili in the Crockpot very early that morning so that it could simmer all day.  My Dad called around 10 that morning and of course he too was making his own pot of Chili.  He thinks his is better, but he’s Wrong!!   I made corn bread muffins, Spinach Artichoke Dip, and Cupcakes too.  Oh, let me not forget the salad, that is indeed how I’m keeping up this round figure!!

IMG_2054

Other than the Harry Potter phase, J is also going thru the “how can I really make my Mother Mad” phase!!  He had NO time to have his photo taken!!

IMG_2068 IMG_2063

IMG_2064IMG_2067

See the fake smile, surely no way to continue his education at Hogwarts Castle!

IMG_2072

IMG_2071

A few of our friends had come over to have dinner & go Trick or Treating with Jonathan & our Cutesy little neighbor Rowan, AKA Railroad Conductor graced us with his presence too!  I got too tired to continue taking photos, but all in all we had a really fun evening & some really Adorable Trick or Treaters!!

Now, it’s time to Move & get ready for my ALL time favorite Holiday….

Thanksgiving!!!

9 comments:

  1. Katie, you look fantastic!!! When is the big move? J made a terrific Harry!!!
    Meal looked yummy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J was such a cute Harry Potter! Did you see the author JK Rowling on Oprah? It was an interesting interview.

    You look beautiful in purple Katie! Sounds like a fun Halloween feast that you just whipped up.

    I wish I could just jet over there and go shop for Sean's military ball with you! Did you find anything yet, or just your fat sucker inner thinger at Target? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a HUGE Harry Potter fan! Nice choice Jonathan! To bad we don't live close, he and I could go see the new movie in a couple weeks, then James would be off the hook...HA!

    Glad yall had fun, and you look amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    He made the perfect Harry Potter! Madison also love Harry Potter and has been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next two movies!
    It looks like fun was had by all!
    I hope and pray that you and baby are doing well!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture of you with your PW cook book behind you!! ha ha!!

    We LOVE Harry in our house... but our kids are too chicken for it just yet!! Your son looks great in his Harry costume!

    Once upon a time I found a "polly pocket" sized Harry Potter Castle in Value Village... for $10. it is over $100 and really hard to find on ebay/internet!! crazy! My son doesn't play with it much... but I love it! ha ha! One day my kids will make millions off that thing! ha ha!

    Your header picture is cool... is that your house?? Love the pumpkins on the roof! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY took a spare min to catch up on your blog for the past month or so. You look absolutely gorgeous posing as the wonderful hostest you are! That's one of the things I miss the most : ( Our love to you & Jman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie,
    you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and J looked so stinking cute!! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, you look stunning and radiant..my goodness!

    What a great party! I really think you'd make an excellent party planner.

    I hope things are going great for you guys..I think of and pray for you often.

    Love,
    Erin
    www.itsgrace.com

    PS: no longer blogging @ homeswheremyheartis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie!!! You look so darned cute!!!! I'm so excited for that baby to make an entrance!!!

    Your son is adorable...looks just like Harry!!! Such a sweet mama to make his day!!!!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete