Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Ornament Cakes

 

 

This afternoon I had the great opportunity to learn how to make some fun cakes with a new talented friend of mine!

IMG_2258

I know these are not perfected cakes, but it was so much fun & I was delighted to see the outcome!

IMG_2260

Making these little Ornament Cakes certainly jump started my Christmas Spirit.

IMG_2255

I messed up on the bottom of this one with my blue fondant, but my friend Heather suggested to just add a ribbon to the bottom to cover it up.  I forgot to wet the back side of it before I applied it, but after I added a few more snow flakes, it held up okay.

IMG_2256

You can still see the cornstarch on this one that I haven’t cleaned up yet.  Jonathan instantly wanted to eat these when he came home from school, but I said NO!!  They are just too cute to eat!

IMG_2258

I wish I had taken a picture of Heather’s before I left her house, hers was really something!  She is quite talented & so sweet to invite me over for a little cake class this afternoon!!!

I also have an Aunt that is incredibly talented at making cakes, along with a # of other things.  Go check her out at

http://cakesbykristin.blogspot.com/

 

6 comments:

  1. Katie,
    This looks like such a project! I think both of your turned out so sweet! Have you let the "boys" cut into them yet?
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment and I swear your blog just ATE it!

    Maybe you'll have two comments from me now.

    Those are so cute. I love the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...how did I miss this post??? My blog roll is not updating properly!!! So glad to see you back up and running Katie. How are you feeling??? Almost time now....baby Elli Jo is going to be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Katie, those are so cute! I always admire those who can decorate such lovely cakes. Again, so cute!!

    Thanks for visiting my new blog. I think of you often and miss you. I hope you are feeling well, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie,
    I am the WORST friend -- I'm sorry I haven't stopped by in so long. Was SO glad to see you at my place this week (or was it last week?).

    Your ornament cakes totally rock -- you are one creative girl in the kitchen!

    Hope you are feeling well...when are you due? I can't remember!!!

    ReplyDelete