Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mother’s Day Gift Giveaway

 

Mother’s Day is quickly approaching!

IMG_0726

I ordered this book a month or so back from Amazon & clicked on quantity times 2.  It’s an Awesome Book & would make a Wonderful Gift for a Special Mom!

If you’d like a chance to win, just be a follower & leave me a comment about a Mom who inspires you!  Doesn’t have to be your Mom, could be any, what about her makes her so wonderful??  Tell me about some Loving Mommies out there, I know there Plentiful!

9 comments:

  1. Well, I've never won anything I've entered, but I won't if I never try!!!

    My BFF, Lynda, whom you will meet soon, is the most amazing mother I know. Her children "rise up and call her blessed" on a daily basis. When I drop her off after being gone on a girls outing, her whole family runs out the door, showers her with hugs and says how much they missed her! ( when I get home it takes them an hour to realize I'm there!!!)
    She never raises her voice, yet they are so obedient. She is such a godly mother, devoted to raising her children biblically.
    I'm hoping she'll adopt me someday!!!
    She and her hubby are starting a parenting class this fall and I'm signing up...even though my children are pretty much grown! I like to torture myself over how I could have done things differently!!!!
    She's the best she is!!!!

    Have a great, sunshiney day Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    What a fun give-a-way! I would want to tell you about my mom. She is pretty amazing. She is the full-time caregiver for both of my grandmas. This is a huge sacrifice that she does so lovingly. She is the best grandma too. I am blessed because she is my mom!
    Dee Dee
    ps. I must say after getting to know you, you are a fantastic mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet.

    I know so many women who inspire me as a mom- and of course my mother is always there. I keep thinking "this one may be too much for her"... and No! She is deeper and stronger than I give her credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think I am with Holly, you can't win if you don't try right?! What a fun idea Katie!

    So, obviously the best Mama in the whole world is my own, but I think we all feel that way right? :) She is truly the strongest woman I know. Growing up, she was the most patient and loving person. There is still nothing like one of her hugs (or her grilled cheeses).
    When I was 21 and in college(my sister 19, and brother 18)my Dad had his Stroke (at age 50), which left him with little to no short term memory. He still has all his motor function, but will never be able to live on his own or anything like that. That was 8 years ago now, and I can tell you that it takes more than a little bit of patience to handle him sometimes, much less handle everything else essentially on her own. She had to go back to work since my Dad is now disabled.

    As if that weren't enough, in 2005 she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She went through a partial masectomy, chemo, and radiation treatments (all while working full time) over the course of a year. And today, she is CANCER FREE! Talk about a gift from GOD! She had endured it all with such grace and patience. But perhaps one her greatest accomplishments is putting up with me! Which anyone who knows me will tell you, is not always an easy task.

    I would count myself lucky to grow in to a woman with half her strength, and even a fraction of her loving heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie,

    How nice of you to be doing a giveaway again. I really need to do one soon too! I haven't heard of that book, but I'd love to read it. So here's my plug about the greatest Mom I know...

    My Mom! When I was in High School, my house was always the house my friends wanted to hang out at. My Mom was cool to be around. She always had freshly baked cookies, and tons of other wonderful foods around for us. She came to every single one of my volleyball tournaments, and her and my dad would drive the motorhome down, and my Mom would load the fridge with all kinds of pasta and carbs for my team to eat during games. Even now my friends tell me that they think my Mom is so cute. And she is, I agree. She's taught me more things than I could ever list on this blog comment. She is such a presence in our family, and I appreciate every thing she does. I'm one very blessed woman to have grown up with such an incredible role model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...I just read what Genny wrote about me!!! I need a hanky! Tis I who am blessed. In so many ways. But....I grew up with that same kind of role model. MY house was the house to be, and my Mom did all of those same things. So for me, it was only natural that I would do the same. My Mom taught us by example, which is all I have ever hoped to be to my own kids Katie, you know all of the important women in my life, as they are also important women in your life. We are incredibly blessed, aren't we.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you Katelyn are quite an AMAZING mommy! J is your number one priority and he always has been! You are so involved with him and you are his biggest fan! YOU inspire me!! PS I have an AWESOME mom too (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aweeeee, ya'll wrote such sweet words of the Mama of your choice. I will get on this and have a helper help pull a lucky winner from a hat announce a lucky winner!
    Thanks for Sharing!

    Elissa, I knew that about your Dad, but had no idea that your Mom is a Breast Cancer Survivor!! What an incredibly Strong and Faithful Woman to have gone thru so much, she is so lucky to have such a Wonderful Daughter!!!

    Ms Anonymous, I know it's you Amy ;) Your the only person on the planet that calls me Katelyn! Yes, you have a Great Mama too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many it would be hard to choose...But there is one I have tried to pattern myself after....my grandmother.....What a great way to celebrate Moms....my favorite job in the world....except for Grammy
    Late night blog hopping.....
    Have 2 great giveaways that I am drawing for on Sunday night
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

    ReplyDelete