Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saying Thanks

 

On Friday my husband hosted a Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon for the Wives of his Unit that dedicate so much of their free time to Volunteering to the Unit while their husbands are currently deployed in Iraq.  He asked if I would help.  Sure, I replied.  He said “Great, our budget is $100 dollars for the luncheon to include the facility, food, & decor!  Eeeekkkssss!

IMG_0814

We used the FRC (Family Readiness Center) bldg on post for free and had it for 3 hours!

IMG_0810 I made enough Baked Ziti to have feed a couple of luncheons.

IMG_0818  IMG_0817

IMG_0823 IMG_0830

IMG_0864

All in all, it went over well.  I went $60 bucks over budget, not too shabby!  I think the ladies really appreciated it! I learned that Walmart has a SIX FOOT Sandwich for only $25 dollars!!!!!

IMG_0900

Jonathan had a soccer game that night. 

IMG_0901

He won!!!  His Teacher showed up to his game along with some friends and neighbors, he was thrilled!

IMG_0981 IMG_0998

Saturday Morning, J and I woke up at O dark 30 and made the hike to Portland with my sweet friend RoseMarie, her kiddos, and her sister to join my sister at the Cancer Society Breast Cancer Walk.

IMG_0999

I knew RoseMarie back in 2001 to 2003 while stationed at Ft. Sill, OK.  Her oldest daughter & J are one week apart.  We did MOPS together, Mommy & Me Swim Classes, Story Time at the Library, and many play dates.  RoseMarie’s Mom passed away during that time to Cancer.  God has BLESSED us to have our paths meet once again here at Ft. Lewis, I’m so Grateful!

IMG_0977

We Raised Money, We Walked, We Remembered those lost, We prayed for those fighting.  Together

WE made a Difference!

 

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you, We are all so very Blessed to be…….

13 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Katie!!!!!!! Good job on the luncheon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your Mother's Day weekend was a busy one! Glad your luncheon went so well. And HAPPY MOTHERS day to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day! I'm impressed by the spread you put out, for less than $200! You should become a wedding planner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy sister!!!!
    Great job on the luncheon...beautiful!!! What a blessing to those women. They make it so their husbands can do their job well, without having to worry about home. Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the luncheon, girl! You are so gifted in hospitality!! Thanks to the women who stand by their men in the service.

    Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

    We are T - 26 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie,
    Thank you for your service, your luncheon looked wonderful! I'm sure you blessed all who were there.
    Your weekend sound fantastic, I love when teachers support our children outside of the classroom!
    Dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the luncheon was great! How nice for you to help out.

    Cute picture of you and Kelly at the breast cancer walk. I can't remember the last time I saw Kelly.

    I like your "boobie" hat. That's cute.

    To answer your Q about my book... it is the third in the Outlander series, Voyager. I am still on those books so I haven't read The Help yet. I know I'll enjoy it though! I take a bit longer to get through books these days, but I am way hooked on Voyager right now and burning my way though it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so I just hit 'post comment' and it said it posted, but I don't think it did! That keeps happening with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I'll re write it...

    Great job on the luncheon! Looks like all the food was great.

    Cute picture of you and Kelly. I can not remember the last time I saw her!

    To answer your Q about my book... it is the third in the Outlander series, Voyager. I am trying to get though al of them again to read the 7th and final one. After that I will get to The Help. I can't wait, and I am sure I will really enjoy it. I don't get through books as fast as I used to these days, but I am currently burning through Voyager because it's so juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been a busy lady for good causes. I'm sure those wives appreciated everything you did!!! When I was young and my dad was deployed I don't ever remember anyone doing anything nice for my mom. And $60 is not that bad.

    happy mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok woops! I guess my first comment did work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, that's okay Genn! I have the 1st book for the Outlanders series and it's sitting on my stand waiting for me to finish my current read, I've heard so many great things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your luncheon looks lovely! I'm impressed that you only went $60 over. Well done!

    Thanks for walking on Mother's Day. My husband had cancer so my heart is really alert for all of these opportunities. I appreciate your time.

    Blessings,
    rachel

    ReplyDelete