Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our 4th of July

 

This sign covers our peep hole on our front door………….

IMG_1249

Inside it’s about our Life, the Liberty we work so hard for, and as of lately the “Pursuit of Jonathan, not just Happiness” ;)

I have to add this in my blog for my scrap book!  Last night I awoke at 11:33 to the screeching sound of our House Alarm & to the Hysterical Screaming and Crying of a young boy that sounded much like My Jonathan out in the street!  My initial thought was that it was impossible for the noise I heard to be my son because he had been in bed since 9:00 pm.  Sean & I bolted out of bed, Sean headed straight down stairs, I immediately went for Jonathan’s room, only to find he was NOT in his bed.  Our Alarm was going off, our front door was wide open, and Jonathan was at the next house over knocking on our neighbors door!  He saw Sean and literally jumped into his arms!  My Child Slept Walked DOWN THE LADDER OF HIS BUNK BED, DOWN OUR STAIRS, UNLOCKED THE FRONT DOOR, AND OUT HE WENT!!  Jonathan from a baby to about 2 years ago suffered from “Night Terrors” and occasionally would walk in his sleep.  We think that the sound of the Alarm woke him, but he was so disoriented that he was scared  & WE were scared to death! 

Needless to say, we provided our Neighborhood with some Good Ol Domestic Entertainment! ;)

IMG_1248

We replaced our American Flag for the 4th of July, the wind today has it whipping away.  I just love to see so many Patriotic Americans fly the Flag daily!

Happy 4th of July America, we are very grateful to ALL the Men & Women who are fighting for this Great Country, we thank you for your true Sacrifice & Service!

5 comments:

  1. Oh NO Katie! I would have been scared out of my mind!! Poor Jonathon! Poor you and Sean!!! Somehow I missed your last post. How fun your picnic sounded !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jonathan! I am sure he was scared to death. I am bet you and Sean about had a heart attack to. Hope your 4th of July got a little bit better after that, and last night was a little less eventful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jonathan, Zac went thru a period of life where he both slept walk and had horrible night terrors. So thankful you have an alarm on your front door, and that in the end he was safe.
    Hugs and thank you for your encouraging words regarding Abby.
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Katie! How scary that would be!! Poor Johnathon. And you and Sean too. I hope he doesn't start doing this often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Grief.....what is going on up thee???
    How scary that must have been.
    Let's hope he doesn't do that again.
    I can't wait to see all of you...love ya, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete