Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day of the 4th Grade

 

Oh my, does time fly…

IMG_1741 

My not so little boy is now a Big 4th Grader!!  I don’t know how it’s possible?  It really truly does feel like we were snuggled together on the couch a few months ago watching Sesame Street.

IMG_1745

Dad was able to make it to walk along with us to school this morning for his 1st day.  J was especially excited because Dad hasn’t been able to do this since the 1st Grade.  

IMG_1751

I s’pose there has been 1 or 2 people along the way thru life that seem to think that Jonathan is a spitting image of his father!?

IMG_1752

I like to think were Twinkies! ;)

And, just so you know, it’s not “Cool” to wear a jacket to the 4th Grade in the Rain, believe me we argued this morning over the topic!

IMG_1755

The paparazzi hung out, outside snapping photos thru the window of Mr. J Man J strolling down the Red Carpet to his Desk!

Happy 1st day of the 4th Grade Kiddo, Make Mama Proud!

9 comments:

  1. It seems like yesterday you were here with your brand new baby at my house!!! It goes fast alright. Buckle up.....and enjoy the ride!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. You mean we won't watch Sesame Street and snuggle when the girls are in 4th grade? :)

    I remember when you were here and Johnathon was a new baby and we had lunch at the old Miguel's restaurant with my Mom and Grandma and Nana!

    Time really does fly.
    Cute picture from the outside of his classroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope his first day was a great one! So glad his Dad got to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get used to it!! My Junior in HS hasn't worn a coat since then!!! How can it be uncool to be warm and dry???? I think it's funny that the coat is uncool, but the umbrella...not!!!

    It's amazing how fast they grow up! And how cute you all are together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh......this just can't be.

    Happy 4th grade Jonathan!
    It was good to see that his dad could be there on this all important first day back to school.
    It used to be first, second and third grades were the little guys and fourth, fifth and six were the big shots. Is it still the same?

    Katie......you are all in our thoughts and prayers. I love you....Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... you twinkies are adorable! :) I SO love that you took photos outside the window! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie,
    It seems like they grow up so fast! Hang onto each good day and promptly forget any bad ones. You are a fantastic mom!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie... I am laughing at your blog roll b/c we visit a lot of the same blogs! =)

    My daughter started 5th grade this year (yikes!) and she is a little soccer player too!

    I just browsed through your last 5 posts.... looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete