Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Enchilada Dinner for Small Group

 

After Thanksgiving, I said to myself I wasn’t hosting Anything Else at my house until after I have the baby.  But I had forgotten until Saturday afternoon that I had already volunteered to host Dinner for our Church Small Group that Sunday!

IMG_2240

Originally I was going to do a Thanksgiving Dinner theme, but I was already tired of leftovers, so I made my Special White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, a recipe I inherited from a friend years ago from TX.  These are so Delicious, they will melt in your mouth and instantly layer your hips & thighs!!!  Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Butter, & Heavy Whipping Cream are just a few of the healthy ingredients in these.

IMG_2241

I made one pan of traditional Cheese Enchiladas for those less Adventurous Peeps.

IMG_2242

All three pans ready for the oven.

IMG_2243

I love this little divot area next to the refrigerator to set up drinks.

IMG_2245

Just a glimpse of half the kitchen, it’s so nice to have some counter space for preparing meals.

IMG_2246

And off to the right is a small everyday kitchen dinette area.  This table is over 100 years old, a family heirloom that Sean received from his family a few years ago.

IMG_2250

I took this photo while I was still getting everything ready for the gathering.  Sean is fooling around on the Computer while his Pregnant Wife did ALL the work!!!  Actually, he was paying the bills Winking smile

IMG_2229

I set the table again exactly as I did for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed our Enchiladas and Fresh Guacamole at in the Dining Room. 

5 comments:

  1. Those enchildads look SO good! I am sitting in my kitchen eating a cup o noodles for dinner and now after seeing those, it's just not cutting it!

    Your kitchen is beautiful! How great to have lots of counter space for someone who loves to cook and bake! That table is neat that it's been in the family for so long. I love stuff like that.

    Now don't go hosting any more gatherings for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those enchilladas DO look good! I'm hungry for mexican food at 7am now.

    Your kitchen is beautiful!!! I love it!

    P.s. the pink juice? is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen is AWESOME! SO gorgeous (especially the counters)!

    And those enchiladas look to die for! I am hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    I just love your new place! I can't imagine being pregnant and moving, but you have done a great job with it all! Now on to your food... can I came next time? It all looks so yummy... I love enchiladas! Continue to take care...
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new home! You are such a good decorator, Katie. And your enchiladas look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete