Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, 40 Days to fast, pray, sacrifice something you love in honor of the sacrifices that have been made for us leading up to Easter Holy Week! I Love Easter, I Love Spring & the beautiful new life it brings, I Love what Lent stands for. You don't have to be Catholic to appreciate Lent. I was raised Catholic, Baptized, 1st Holly Communion, even some Catholic School, & a "C" & "E" kinda Catholic
(Christmas & Easter).
Although, my faith no longer resides with Catholicism, as a Christian I still admire this tradition & always give up something difficult for Lent. This year it's SWEETS!!! EEEEEKKKKKKSSSS, I'm a Chocolate & Ice Cream LOVER, it's going to be difficult & my birthday falls during Lent so I'm giving myself just that one day so that I don't set myself up for failure!
Proverbs is my favorite book of the bible, I will spend 40 days of study there.
Hope ya'll are getting your "ASH IN GEAR" on This Ash Wednesday!
;)



I better get my ash in gear! I didn't realize it was today. Of course, the P.C. school calendars don't mention Ash Wednesday. Yet, they mention other "holidays". Hmm...
ReplyDeleteI think I will try to give myself up during Lent. I really need to step aside and let the Lord do a work in me. To truly allow Him to be the Lord of my life.
So when does your birthday fall?
Hope you're having a great day!!
Good for you! I'm giving up 6 lbs for Lent! I'm also giving up the computer while the kids are at home and awake. Which means when they are at school or sleeping I can play in blogland. Otherwise, they are my #1 priority. Good luck and keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteI can't decide whether to give up cookies or peach rings. I love them both. I will decide today. I am leaning towards peach rings.
ReplyDeleteI love what lent stands for too. Good luck Katie.
I don't know if I would survive without sweets. You swing for the fence ma'am! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteGood for you, and good luck with no sweets.
ReplyDeleteI gave up sugar 3 days ago, just because, not necessarily for lent, but I am excited about the challenge. So far I feel good!
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI'm visiting from blog Frog.
Good luck on the next 40 sweet-less days! Even though I don't usually observe Lent, I've decided to give up my unreasonable expectations and judgements of people for the next 40 days. I don't think it will be easy for me, which is the point, right?
You might enjoy joining us on Wednesday Gratitude next week, you can share anything that makes you happy!
Stop by again sometime,
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home
Happy Lent to you too!!!! I am giving up blogging and Facebook and vowing to go to Eucharist each Sunday til Easter
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is a sacrifice, but good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteRunning is going good-I hit 7 miles this past Sunday!!
I am giving up sweets, too...I don't guess, I can leave my wife hanging on such an endeavor.
ReplyDelete-Sean
hey...About the Farm Chicks. They only come to Spokane. She actually lives here. You should come over and go with us!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the bus is that expensive! Driving would be way cheaper and probably quicker. It really only takes about 4.5 hours from Seattle to get here. That would be so much fun!!
ReplyDeleteHere are some. The first two are the closest, and the second to last one is probably the least expensive. Pretty sure they all have GOV/MIL rates, too.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hiexpress.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/skavl?&cm_mmc=mdpr-_-googlemaps-_-ex-_-skavl&dp=true
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-spokane-washington-WA028?promo=gglocal
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ438&propId=438
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/check_avail?areaCode=4UOX&brandCode=RA&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=spokane&stateName=Washington&state=WA&countryName=United%20States&country=US&checkInDate=&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best%20Avail&rate=000&variant=&id=25893&propBrandId=RA&force_nostay=true
http://www.oxfordsuitesspokanevalley.com/
Thanks for stalking and commenting...
ReplyDeleteI love your Valentine's Day dinner too. My guys are in their twenties and teens now and they still love this tradition.
As for Ash Wednesday, I am giving up about 800 calories a day! whew