Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl Menu

Okay friends, the menu is as follows for tomorrow's BIG Game of Seannie's Saint's

Now, I thought it to be great to do a New Orleans Food theme for Super Bowl considering the Saints are playing & Sean is from that neck of the woods, BUTTTTTTTTTT I'm just no good at it & I promised one of our friends my Carne Asada Gringa Style.

1.  Carne Asada

2.  Gauacomole

3.  7 layer Bean Dip

4. Queso Dip

5. Home Made Tortilla Chips

&

for delicious dessert:

Home Made Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Delights!

GO SAINTS!
"Who Dat say they gonna beat them Saints, Who Dat"


12 comments:

  1. You're way cooler than Martha Stewart!!! So I've heard of Carne Asada before, but never had it. What's in it? I'm guessing meat, hence the carne. And I just tried Queso dip for the first time in November. I will never forget that day. Yuuuummmmyyyy!!

    Hope you all have a great time tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo!!!! I'll be over!! I so WISH!!!! I hope you have a great Superbowl Sunday! Mick is lucky enough to get Superbowl Monday off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my heart, what is carne asada & you just had queso for the 1st time in November!!!!!!!! GASPING FOR AIR, I'm about to hyper ventilate, & going to cough up a LUNG!!! I know that WA is sucko on Mexican food, but really??? ;)

    It's Flank Steak Sista!

    My gf above, the one below your comment, Ms. Renee ordered queso one time here in WA before she moved, and they brought her a bowl of shredded cheese!! HEE, HEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, lame. Don't cough up a lung, you need to be able to cheer tomorrow. Note to self, try carne asada. :)
    Shredded cheese was their idea of queso? LMAO. Too funny. Gosh all this talk about Mexican food makes me thirsty for a margarita!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tasty! And I like how it's sort of coordinated together as a mexican style feast. Ours has no theme whatsoever. Just a bunch of random things put together. My husband is making jumbalaya, for New Orleans, even though 1) he's not rooting for that team, and 2) he's never made it. Should be interesting.:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, the menu sounds wonderful... however I think you just one one thing wrong... your team! Go Colts! LOL... All in the spirit of a good game. Being from Cincinnati, we say Who Dey for our Bengals! Since, Indianapolis is only 2 hours away... the Colts are our back up team! May the winning team win, which ever it is!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot get the songs from Enchanted out of my head, no matter how much wine I drink. :)

    Hope you guys had fun watching the game. G-Force and Enchanted were fun. I will never look at a guinea pig the same way again. What if they really are secret agents? (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had an awesome time watching the game too!!!!! What a fun game and team to win no matter which team you like. My husband and I are both from MIssissippi and live in Jackson, although my family lives on the coast. Love Ocean Springs!!!!! Hubby has been in the National Guard for 12 years and this year will be our 3rd deployment in 7 years, so we feel as if he is pretty much active duty, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your sweet visit Katie! You are always welcome anytime my friend.

    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a shout out for Michelle! And here's my own personal shout out: Saints! Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting on my story over at Jumping Tandem. I figured you'd be able to relate to that one!

    By the way, your Super Bowl menu sounds awesome -- homemade ice cream sandwiches?! Come to Mama!

    ReplyDelete