These little mouth watering temptation sensations are my absolute favorite Easter Candy of all time. Once you get through the hard crunchy shell, the smooth chocolate melts on your tongue leading you to eat more & more until you have gobbled every little egg down your gullet. That is if your me of course! Portion control is a foreign language to my vocabulary. I've even been known to take these along with me on long runs! Some take along those nasty Gels, Katie just stuffs her pocket full of these little tasty treats.
Needless to say, I'm struggling through Lent ALREADY, for all the stores shelves are stocked with all the Easter Goody Treats & their saying "EAT ME"! ;)
1 Corinthians 10:13 says
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you stand up under it.



Wow, that was a very vivid and accurate description of these little yummies!! I was so inspired by you last week to give up something for Lent. Since last Wednesday the Lord has been so good to me. I truly feel like some serious bondage has just disappeared. That song I posted today, that song has meant so much to me lately. Too much of my life has gone by that I haven't even been present for. And, I am reading Breaking Free by Beth Moore, which has also been amazing. Here I am rambling. Anyway, good luck, you can persevere through this temptation.
ReplyDeleteOh Katie......they are MY favorite too!!! I buy them by the cartload full when I can find them!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted that Corinthians verse.I've been wanting to find it but too lazy to look. :)
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI was introduced to these yummy little things two years ago. Hard to put down and harder to say no to! Have another verse for you... Be strong and courageous....!
Dee Dee
That Corinthian's verse really puts it into persepective though, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! Stay strong.
Ah yes... those nagging temptations! The verse is perfect for your post... love it!
ReplyDelete