We have had to get creative with Indoor Fun during our Rainy Spring Break. Today we headed to the Painted Plate in Downtown Olympia.
Finally, J has taken off those 3D Lens less Glasses!
This place was so neat with an overabundance of pieces to choose from. We both went for bowls, we love us a good bowl. We didn’t pass up the treat included deal!! We each enjoyed a bowl of Ice Cream while we painted & chatted about. J had Strawberry/Marshmallow & the Mom enjoyed Espresso Rocky Road!
Not such a great photo for what we actually created on our bowls, but we will have to show our debut when we can pick them up in 5 days!
After lunch we headed to Barnes & Noble for Spring Break Reading Material, a hair cut for a Squirrel, a trip to Trader Joes,
&
when we returned home J Man wanted to bake an Apple Pie by Himself & boy did he! He sure loves to watch the Food Network, Cook, & like his Mama ~ EAT!!!


Look at that proud smile! I LOVE IT! He can come make us an Apple pie anytime he wants!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a lot of fun yesterday! Enjoy the rest of your spring break off!
Your food loving son reminds me of mine... he loves to cook and eat, just like me.
ReplyDeleteWay to make a rainy day fun. J made the apple pie himself! I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteThat pie is what friendships are made over...Gorgeous!!! The boy's got talent!! ANNNNDDD those eyelashes!! who knew they were hidden behind those glasses? what a handsome guy!!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good mama, making memories with your son!!
My goodness that is a great looking pie! Why can't I get my crusts edges to look that nice?! He's going to have his own Food Network show one day, isn't he? :) What a pumpkin pie, your boy!!
ReplyDeleteHope your Thursday is going great!!
E
We have a paint place like that in town -- I love going with my boys!
ReplyDeleteI saw the "Dragon" movie with my boys last weekend -- I totally loved it! Didn't see it in 3-D though.
WHAT????? Jonathan made that pie by himself?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I need to send him and apron and a toque.
We are in the money....Food Netwok is always looking for new cooks.
Takes after his Aunt Diane?
He sure did! And it tasted good too!
ReplyDeleteBetter start saving my pennies to send him to France for a Pastry Chef Course ;)
Funny: Yesterday we had swedish meatballs in Seattle & he told his friends "these aren't near as good as my Aunt Diane's Porcupine Meatballs" ;)
I love those paint places! We just went to one last week with my daughters. It's always such a sweet surprise when you see them after being fired. I'm glad you are enjoying spring break! :)
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and creative project to do together! Can't wait to see the end result. I had a favorite serving dish I painted years ago, unfortunately Caribou broke it investigating the counter when we first got him :-(....
Sorry you were sick for part of your spring break. I do hope you are feeling better!
Dee dee
Oh my gosh... that looks like a *perfect* day. That would be so fun to paint a project like that together. Can't wait to see the finished pieces. I think that is great that he loves to cook!! :)
ReplyDelete