Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Scattered Brained Procrastinator Type??

 

My husbands swears that I have a type A personality, I argue that I am far from it.  I’m not sure an identified type has been named for what I am.  I procrastinate until the last possible moment, than desperately strive for perfection.  I work better under pressure and with a deadline & if those are not the circumstances, I get bored and really “ITCHY” !  I wonder why that is?  Is it genetics?  I don’t think either of my parents are that way, but it’s been 13 plus years since I lived with my Dad & all I took note of while I lived there was why “someone” ate all my ice cream & why hadn’t anyone bought more!  It’s amazing how our Worries change in life!

Right now I’m taking this great Women’s Bible study at my Church and the book were doing for the 1st 6 weeks of this segment is ME, MYSELF, & LIES by Jennifer Rothschild.  Have you ever heard of her?  Wow, what an amazing story she has.  This is a Great book, so much insight to our inner thoughts.  Class is on Wednesday Nights.  What time did Katie do her homework for her 7 o’clock class……4:30 today!  I have had all week to do my homework & I’m completely interested in the book, so why did I wait until today??

I am also borrowing my husbands Kindle & reading “The Sweet By and By” by Todd Johnson~I’m LOVING this book.  Another book about Women, Friendships, and the Good Ol South!  I swear that I was geographically misplaced!  I was meant to be a Southerner!  One of the characters has captured my heart with her Wit & Charm.

I finally just picked up the Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.  I’ve been wanting to read this for some time, they finally had it back at Costco yesterday.

IMG_0708

I brought work home last night to do today while I was off.  I went and had my hair done instead, which hopefully my Boss understands as a Crisis, for it truly is! In the last couple of months, my hips have decided to do some serious spreading and my hair has done an obnoxious job of thinning!!!  Seriously Lord, Can we put any more emphasis on the thighs by loosing the focal point of my pretty locks? 

Okay, I have 24 minutes to clean up the house, feed the boy, & leave for church….on your marks….get set….GO! ;)

But by the Grace of God I AM what I AM, and his Grace to me was not without effect~

1 Corinthians 15:10

15 comments:

  1. I am impatiently waiting for a picture. Ever since this morning when we chatted I have been SO excited!!!

    Is the Friday Night Knitting Club good? It sounds like it would be.

    I can't wait to see a picture!!! And I love Jennifer R- she is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    I was able to hear Jennifer Rothchilds in person a few months ago... she was wonderful! You will have to let me know how you like the study!
    I hope you are feeling better, enjoy your good books!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a couple of good books! Let me know what you think of The Friday Night Knitting Club. I'd like to read that too.

    Also let me know what you think of that ovation cell thereapy! I just had a client today who asked me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey..still no problem coming to your blog since reloading it! Yeah!! I want a kindle! I also want to read knitting club! I am a type A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a blur of a post...I felt like I had to read it quickly...type A style!!!

    I just read the Sweet By and By, but by Sara Evans, the country singer. Also set in the south. I really liked it. Just turned back in to the library the Friday Night Knitting Club. Didn't get a chance to read it so let me know how it is.

    I use parsley in lots of things including soups, roasts, etc. It's mild, but adds a nice touch.
    Can't remember the name of my dehydrater, but I'll look soon. I bought one for myself and then got another one at a garage sale and a bunch of trays at the thrift store!

    I dry herbs, fruit and sometimes jerkey, but not very often. I love it!!

    How do you like the kindle??

    Sleep well, dear Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, You sound like you are going in 12 different directions! I would say stop and smell the roses. But I know you will.... on your way out the door to a soccer game, Costco or Panera Bread. Man that sounds good, no Panera in Korea :( Miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the good reads recommendations. I am reading "The Hole in the Gospel" right now -- have you read it/heard of it? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think my comment went thru. If it did, just call me a stalker. Anyway, we are so much alike. I get more done in 10 minutes than I could in an hour, if I have time to kill. Now I have to go rush to get out the door! Anyway, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know how those books are when you finish them. I love getting good recommendations! I love me a good book about Southerners too :) Thankfully I was born in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to make ourselves slow down sometimes, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I procrastinate until the last possible moment, than desperately strive for perfection." Are we related? This is SO me... the only one in my family that is like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never read any of the books you recommended..will have to check them out..
    Happy Fingerprint Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, you sound a lot like me in the procrastination, striving for perfection and working under pressure department! LOL I'm sure there is some name for us but I don't think it's Type A. They make lists and do things on time. I makes lists and lose my list.
    Sounds like a great Bible study and I always say, "why not wait until the last minute to do your homework...that way it's fresher in your mind when you need it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have found I am a procrastinator with stuff i don't really look forward to doing... going to the post office, homework as well, etc. I can totally relate to the hair code red situation. Mine was that way yesterday. It was priority #1. Hope you feel better, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. It certainly made me smile before heading off to bed. I am just getting started and have been so frustrated with my design (because I am trying to do it myself and save, save, save) that it has made me not want to blog. :-( So, your visit made me want to get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to begin again. Maybe I will find something bright, cheery and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete