You know when you have one of those days when you finally just have to say Really?????? Today was definitely one of those.
My original due date for the baby was Jan. 13th, after our 2nd to what we thought was our last Ultra Sound, they changed it to the 21st of January. As we have come nearer to the end of my pregnancy, our weekly visits to the Dr. have been with different Doctors b/c of how packed our Hospital is. We were told over 2 weeks ago that I would be induced no later than 39 weeks b/c of my past history of naturally delivering a Large Baby & certain health conditions.
Today I finally got a phone call from the Hospital with my Induction Date…..February 1st!!!!!
Really Mr. Dr. ?????? Do you think I’m going to be pregnant for 43 weeks??? Yeah Right!!!
So now, I have to have yet another Ultra Sound on Monday to prove to him that I’m carrying a large baby & then he will make a decision on what day he will induce me!! He actually said to me “your body has proven to be capable of birthing a 10 pound baby naturally before, you can do it again” Only A Man whom is not capable of birthing a baby would say something like that!! I should of probably had my mouth washed out with soap, b/c I really let him have it!
So, onto something sweet and positive….
Look at what was sent to Ellie Jo~ some very adorable headbands with frilly bows and an adorable hat & sweater!
My cousin Gennifer in CA sent this package of goodies to Ellie Jo & it arrived at such the perfect time! Sean went out and retrieved the mail this evening and my crappy day was quickly changed into something more enjoyable! A reminder that no matter when Ellie Jo comes, how big she ends up being, that I’m so Happy that she is on her way & that she is going to be dazzled in some of the cutest “get up”!
And that this boys personality can turn anyone’s frown upside down
Thank you Gennifer so very much for the package! I just Love the hand bands & this Hat is the Cutest, even on top of J’s head!!


Oh Katie,
ReplyDeleteYou have me laughing out loud this morning! I'm so sorry the Dr. is so clueless, hang in there my friend, she will be worth the wait when she finally makes her entrance! Boy I can't wait to you prove the DR. wrong on Monday!
Love the sweet bows and headbands, even on J-man! Keeping you all in my prayers...dee dee
Those are adorable and sweet baby goodies...she's going to be so well dressed!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, what is UP with the doctor? Just because you're capable of delivering a big baby doesn't mean you have to. I remember my doctor telling me babies were considered full term at 38 weeks. Before you know it, your sweet little girl will be in your arms.
Hugs and prayers,
Erin
Well first off, I am GLAD that you let that Dr have it!!! you are right, only a MAN would say that!! I sure hope that you get a nice induction date after they see you on Monday. Maybe they will say, Tuesday morning!! Here's hoping.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that Ellie Jo's package came at just the right time to cheer you up a little bit. Did you know that all those bows are interchangeable so you could swap any of them out onto the other headbands or onto her cute little hat!
Hang in there Kate. I know it's hard, but try. (Or have a glass of wine...at this point it could possibly induce labor!):)
LOL...your little guy is a crack up!! Love the boys, and goodies! I need to get to the post office to get Ellie's gift off to you too. Keep your chin up....she will be here soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs and kisses.
Auntie
I only wish that Doctor had been telling you this in person so you could have smacked him! THEY CAN NOT MAKE YOU WAIT UNTIL THE 1ST! What a MAN!
ReplyDeleteIn the mean time........take walks, eat spicy food, ANYTHING to move this little lady along :) We need to meet her already!
Oh Katie you poor thing you must be borderline miserable? I remember being SO uncomfortable at the end. And Noah was a 10lber too! We make em big in our fam hah?
ReplyDeleteHang in there thinking bout you!
UGH... what a bozo... birthing a 10 lb baby is not something any woman should have to do!! *how rude* hm... I wonder if we have the same doctor?!! ha ha... anyway... I pray that your beautiful little girl will surprise y'all and come naturally... in the next 24 hours!! Wouldn't that be great if your labor started now?!! =) Blessings!! I love the little bows from Genn... too cute!
ReplyDeleteoh yeah... the 5th Ave Salon has the cutest baby shoes evah!! Actually they have a cute baby line... the hand knit hats are um... a little pricey though!! ha ha!
ReplyDelete