I received a Wild Surprise of Wild Gifts in the mail today….
Look at these vibrant colors of blue’s & greens on a giraffe print!! Once again I opened a box with no name of sender, and after a little investigating, my detective skills figured out that my very kind & generous loving friend Misti in Missouri sent Ellie Jo this box of goodies today. Oh how I miss Misti & wish that we still lived in the same town for her to be an influential Woman of Faith in my daughters life!
(New York, Labor Day Weekend 2008)
Misti and I have been taking turns flying out to visit one another once a year since we parted Missouri & I missed my turn last year since I had been sick and pregnant. J, EJ, & I will make her first trip to my favorite state this spring to visit Misti and the rest of MO!
It’s time to repack the take home outfit bag for the hospital, it just doesn’t get much cuter than this!!!
Now that is a Hat!
I have a feeling that this little girl is going to be quite the Wild Child…….This past week I have caught myself daydreaming about what/who this baby girl will look/be like. Will she have the silent humbling leader personality of her father, or will she be a bit of a snit witted gal like her mom? Will she have my blue eyes, or Sean’s hazel? Will she be a tomboy as I was, or will I have to learn how to have tea parties & go to dance class rather than batting lessons?
Will she be a phenomenal athlete & adventurer like her late Grandma Joan? I think that Sean looks so much like his Mom Joan & Sean inherited her skills to master the downhill and cross country ski slopes! Not too mention her love for Rock Climbing, Sand Volleyball playing & her passion to Travel. Sean’s Mom was a graduate from Stanford University & ended up spending her entire life traveling the World. I wish that Joan were here to see her first grand baby born.
It’s fun to ponder….
Thank you Misti for an adorable outfit & her 1st Piggy!
Here are the letters that my friend Bethany made that are now hanging over her crib.
(Lake Tahoe, August 2009)
So, little Ms. Elizabeth Joan, look at how fun your Mom & Dad are….what do you say, think you might want to come join us Soon??


So...what does Dr. say? Is he letting you go into labor naturally? I can't wait to see what she looks like too. I bet you are DONE with being pregnant!!! Hang in there. Won't be long now. Her room, and her things...are all so adorable!!! She will be all of the things and more, that you mentioned!!
ReplyDeleteI hope she comes soon for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteThe piggy bank is so cute!! I just love first names thea begin with "E" hehe
The letters on her wall are SO cute too!!!
And p.s. you look VERY pretty in pink...good color on you! :)
XO
I hope for your sake, that Ellie Jo is not TOO much of a wild child! I fear more and more everyday that Claire is going to be way too wild for my liking!!!
ReplyDeleteAdorable gift from your friend. How sweet! Love those prints!
I received something for little miss Ellie Jo in the mail yesterday and I will be sending it your way today or tomorrow!
Yes! She needs to join us! Lissa is dying for some pictures down here!
ReplyDeleteAnd those outfits are to cute for words Katie.
Katie,
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable outfit and such a sweet, sweet friend to send it to you! Oh I've been praying for you and Ellie Jo. Everytime I see a new post from you, I keep wondering is she here!
Dee dee
Katie, it's amazing how things change in a year, isn't it?? I remember about this time last year we were talking about the Farm Chicks show and your health and your desire to have a baby. Isn't God so good? You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteI feel so bad I've not visited in awhile..I just realized that I didn't have the right blog address in my Google Reader so you weren't showing up.
Anyway, I'm SO excited for you and can't wait to see your precious girl.
Praying for you, friend!!