Saturday, July 25, 2009

Take me out to the ball game.....................

We prepared ourselves all day to get ready for the DODGER GAME IN LA......... Jonathan and Sean started off by playing an early morning scrimmage of Cubs verses Dodgers in the backyard. Jonathan was on the Cubs and won 16 to 1. He is a quite the slugger. Jonathan is left handed, but he can put the heat behind his throwing right or left handed.

Up to bat. He line drived the ball numerous times over my dads fence.
Being the right handed pitcher here.
After many hours of baseball, he decided that Mom should play football with him in the pool.
And you can't be in the pool without cannon balls.
Finally, it's time to head off to the game. Sean, myself, Jonathan, Dad, and Sue all decked out in our Dodger BLUE gear!!! Sean had to borrow a shirt from my Dad, he HASSSSSSSSSSS to be a Dodger Fan if he wants to be a part of this family. It was in our vows, did you hear them????? Well, they should have been ;)
On our way in.

Joe Torre coming out do dispute the play.
Huttle, Huttle, most be trouble..................

It was Elvis Night tonight at Dodger Stadium. A whole lot of shakin was goin on........

And fireworks lit up the sky after the game. Although the Dodgers lost ;( ;( booooooo hoooooooo
Jonathan got a lift to the car. 97lbs wrapped around Sean's neck there and must be slightly more after all that his Papa got him at the game!!! My Dad says that when I was Jonathan's age, I thought the game was just an Amazing place to eat and that I thought I was there to be catered to and raised my hand up every time someone came by to offer me food. Of course my Dad shares these stories with Jonathan. Jonathan asked the whole ride there, "Mom, can I have cotton candy", I of course said "NO" . And what did Papa do.........deliberately ignored me and bought him cotton candy and then just looked at me and said "I never heard you tell him No and snickered"!!!! ;) I shared countless games with my Dad as a child and Jonathan has shared a few too, nothing better than a game with my Dad. Thank you for taking all of us!!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a Dodger game in years! Looks like a fun day with the fam. That is a great picture of Sean cannon balling into the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    When do you go back to WA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, I posted reply on your blog....

    ReplyDelete