Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fashionable Warrior Bracelet

Last Night I got the makings to make my Fashionable Warrior Bracelet for the Fashionable Warrior Women's Study on the Armor of God. The class actually started last week but I was unable to attend with all that took place getting Sean ready to deploy. When I signed up for the study, I must have some how missed where it said "FASHIONABLE" ;) Class starts at 7, approx. 45 minutes from my work and I typically try to get a run in after work before picking up Jonathan. So, that being said, I barely had enough time to get there in time and showed up "Fashionably" late in my sweaty RUNNING CLOTHES ;) !!!
Before..................

After...........
Pretty Cute with all it's trinkets. I must say, even in my running clothes, the class was Awesome! I'm sure there were a few women that desperately wanted to take me on a shopping lesson. Everyone was all decked out & sporting all their accessories. I Swear I missed where it said "Fashionable"! This is not the first time that I have showed up mis-dressed to a Church function, or any function for that matter. One year at MOPS in Missouri, the steering team put on a Fashion Show of What & What not to Wear. They even had Mommy Models and one strolled down the runway in a pair of Denim Overalls as What NOT to Wear ;( I was wearing my very favorite Denim Overalls that day. I think Misti did that on purpose b/c she didn't like them ;) I sported my new bracelet today & showed it off to my co-workers.

Sean called tonight & sounded pretty tired. He said they are out of water in the showers so he had to take one with a bottle of water!!! The internet service has been pretty bad so we haven't been able to successfully communicate via email yet. It was Wonderful to hear his voice tonight!

Oh, and I still wear those denim overalls ;)

1 comment:

  1. Katie, a girl after my own heart. I am not the fashionista that the other (ALL) women in my family are. I like clothes too, but I prefer comfort, and my favorite place to shop is still Home Depot! Not for clothes, mind you, but I would much rather shop for "stuff" than clothes.
    So glad you got to talk to Sean. I hope your internet problems get resolved soon so you can communicate via email.
    Hang in there!
    Love the bracelet too by the way.

    ReplyDelete