Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Fun

Our Friends are here visiting us this weekend from West Point, NY. Last year, this same weekend Jonathan & I traveled to visit them & this yr. back in June while we were all in Missouri, I promised Keaton we would take him any where he wanted to go in WA. Space Needle was on his top 3 list. We got down there & as soon as he noticed how long the line was to go up, he decided that the small kiddy Carnival next door was more appealing!
Here is Jonathan & Keaton, hands high teetering back and forth on a small pirate ship.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Madison, Myself, Jonathan, & Keaton at the Carnival
The 4 of us exactly one year prior. Wow, the kids all have changed so much in just one year!!! Madison is even taller & even more mature. She rode with Sean and I home that night from Seattle & entertained us with a game "Would You Rather". She just cracked us up with some of her questions! She is such a pleasant pre-teen!!! ;) Jonathan & Keaton have grown too, but are still the same two little "Turkeys"
After the Carnival we headed over to the Pikes Place Market in downtown Seattle. They always have an abundance of Beautiful Flowers for so Cheap! The average bouquet is $5 Bucks, & you can get an enormous one for only $15!! Madison & the Flowers....Both so pretty!


After the Market we took the bridge across over to Alki Beach, just less than 15 minutes from downtown Seattle. The kids without a care in the world frolicked down the beach sinking their hands in the sand and dipping their toes in the water! Brock & Sean couldn't resist the fun.


Searching for hidden sea treasures.


Myself & Sean in front of Puget Sound


The girls............Madison, Misti, & Me


The following day we had our babysitter come stay with the kids for the day while we took a drive to Woodinville, WA where we enjoyed Wine Tasting at the Chateau St. Michelle & Columbia Valley Wineries. We had dinner at the Purple Cafe afterward where we stuffed ourselves and chatted. The weekend is just flying by ;( I rarely get to see them these days & I wish that time would just stand still. I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together so far. We still have all day tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie,I have been thinking so much about you!!! I thought that Sean was leaving this weekend? I guess not, as he is in your photos from the weekend fun you are having with your friends. I wish he didn't have to go...I feel so bad that you will be seperated after just marrying. Cute pics.....and to answer your question...Drew is only going to Irvine to school, and he is commuting. But he has a few buddies from church who rent a house here in Corona. He is sharing a room, and the rent is cheap. It will be a good experience for him! But I am sad. I wish he would stay, and yet, I know it is good for him too. He just called, and said, "Mom, I am going to come stay there with you tonight since Dad isn't home." Now isn't that so sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    Glad you are having fun with your friends this weekend. What a fun day to get a sitter and go wine tasting too.

    I've been thinking about you a lot. I feel so bad too that Sean has to leave as you are just newlyweds. Are you planning tons and tons of projects for yourself, and books to read, and things for you and Johnathon to go do and stay BUSSYYY!! ?

    Thinking of you... Hugs,
    Genn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Genn & Kristy, I'm feeling a pit of a Big ol Pity Party for myself & just need to get over it!!! I just have all kinds of feelings going on, mad, pissed, and crying at the drop of a hat!!!!
    Oh well, I just took a new job on the Military Installation that I start on Oct. 1, I'm hoping the new challenge will keep me busy & I'm planning weekend getaways for me and Jonathan. WA is a miserable place to be in the Winter with all the rain!
    Kristy I can't imagine the day Jonathan leaves me for College, my heart goes out to you!
    Happy Labor Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete