Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Acupuncture

I tried Acupuncture today………..

tcrn271l

This is what I kind of think of it…………

 

vsh1087l

I couldn’t resist this one, isn’t that funny!! ;)

 

I dunno, maybe it’s me, but I didn’t find much pleasure in needles being stuck all over my body to include in-between my eyes and in my ears!  After all the needles were placed strategically (or perhaps tragically) in my body the Doctor left me in the room, ALONE, & said he would be back in 15 minutes!  You know what was running thru my head for ALL 15 minutes……. “IF I START BLEEDING, I WILL CERTAINLY BLEED TO DEATH IN 15 MINUTES, MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK UP AND SEE IF I’M BLEEDING.  NO KATIE, DON’T LOOK, YOU WILL PANIC IF YOU SEE YOUR BODY FULL OF NEEDLES.  SHOULD I YELL FOR HELP, SHOULD I JUMP OFF THE BED NEEDLES & ALL, OPEN THE DOOR AND TELL THE DOCTOR TO PLEASE TAKE ALL THESE NEEDLES OUT OF ME AT ONCE.  OH DEAR GOD, HAS IT BEEN 15 MINUTES???”

At 10 minutes the Doctor came back in to check on me and asked “how you doing in here”

My response:

“OH JUST FINE”

AND THE NOISES IN MY HEAD CONTINUED………….

;)

Anyone tried it?  Any benefits from it? 

8 comments:

  1. Hey there, glad to see a post from you!

    Yes, I have tried it and love it. I did it for several months to alleviate chronic headaches and some other shtuff. I found it very relaxing. I regularly drifted off to sleep. The one area I hated having the needles put in were my toes. Hurt like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like what would be going through my head... it would be so busy, I wouldn't be able to relax at all! But if/when they would ask me, I would exactly tell them "I'm fine" too! LOL I always wondered if it helps with anything??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lordy....I couldn't do it!!! You are brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried it, but I'm curious about it.

    A girl I know (or kinda know in blogland) Jessica at Serenity (her blog is on my list) has recently done it to help some anxiety and sleep issues I think. You might want to ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would feel like the ant!!! Too chicken to try it myself,but I've heard it works for those who believe!!!!

    Did it work for you? Do you just have to do it once or is it a series????? Frightful!!!!

    Glad to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I tried accupuncture, I didn't find any immediate benefits from it but he explained that for some it's a progressive process that could take several sessions to see help. He started by doing accupuncture just on my hands. After 8 or so visits he moved to my feet. When he started placing needles in my feet I promptly rolled over and vomited! That was my last experience with accupuncture and not one I care to repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie!!!
    I will admit, and I probably should have told you, that at my very first session, I thought I might have a panic attack, as I lay on my tummy and I have all these needles all over my body, I very much had the same things going through my head "What if I have weird feelings? and I feel like my arm is going to fall off??? Can I just holler and he will come running??" (I didn't think about the bleeding to death! ha!) but I talked to myself and took some deep breaths and said "Stacy B, you are 30 years old, you are doing something A LOT of people would never try, get a GRIP on yourself and try to enjoy this" and I promptly fell asleep. and I think I fall asleep a little bit every time!! :)
    I am continuing my sessions, because I do believe it has helped in a way with my endometrosis pain!
    but I DID have to talk to myself, I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to go back, but I have!!!
    Are you gonna try it some more!??
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie,
    I never tried it, but my dear Nona (grandma) did and it helped her to stop smoking! It was the coolest thing! I would be just like you were... freaked out! You are so brave.... Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete