Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Shy Kid & a Science Fair Project

 

IMG_0268

Jonathan did his 1st Science Fair Project & he did it practically All by himself!!

IMG_0279

He was in a hurry to get it to school this morning.  He RAN it there!

IMG_0281

Then we went back to school tonight to check out all the 3rd grade Science Fair Projects (does Jonathan Look Shy here?) He’s doing an impersonation of one of my sisters ;) Really, he was.

IMG_0288

Does he look shy here???  He is singing “raising the roof” as I’m taking the photo!

IMG_0292

Ooooppppp, it must be this one that makes him look shy right????

 

Jonathan’s teacher told us tonight how SHY & RESERVED Jonathan is!!   He noted this on Jonathan’s last progress report & I completely disregarded it because I thought he put it on the wrong kids report! I’m baffled, certainly there must be another Jonathan in the class that he is confusing my child with.  I asked the teacher if he was joking, and he very seriously looked at me and said “this is the most I’ve ever seen him talk”! MY JONATHAN???

So one of two things, Jonathan has a COMPLETELY different personality at school for the 1st time since he has been going to school than he does at home OR his teacher is not very observant?? 

Jonathan is No where near Shy Or Meek, He is FULL of Personality & since I’m his Mother I can say he is rather obnoxious at times!  He certainly does not get that from me! ;)

Very Interesting!

Can you guess where this Mom will be tomorrow? 

That’s right, a fly on a classroom wall! 

10 comments:

  1. I think that is so cute that you got a picture of him proudly taking his project to school! aww!! He sure does look like he has quite a personality in these pictures! lol Shy at school? Maybe he just knows he has to be good at school... that sounds like a good thing to me! :)

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! He did a great project. And it looks like your honey got out to come see the program.

    My kids are pretty social, just like their Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the lock down was lifted! In fact, he told another child's Mom that before Sean got there that he couldn't make it b/c he was on lock down! :) The lady thought Sean had been arrested, I can only imagine who all he told that too yesterday & today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, this is soooo sweet!!! I cant imagine why he would act so differently. My girls are always equally as nuts no matter where they are... Hmm, that didnt sound so good, lol. And I love that pic of him running it to school, lol!! xoxo LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, this was so cute. Jonathon...shy???? No way...that teacher must be on crack! Love the pics. Way to go J man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie,
    How fun!
    It is amazing how some kids are different as night and day depending on where they are! Or how some teachers don't really have a clue....
    Way to go with your project Jonathan!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's just say, I love how he did it himself. One of my peeves as an ex-teacher is when the kid brings the project to school and you know the parent did it. That bugged me when I did my science project in 7th grade (oh my, 25 years ago!) and it still gets me now. A little assistance is a ok but when it is perfect... no fair! I love what a character he is...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jonathan......shy?! He is such a wonderful little bundle of energy and such a character! I mean I know I haven't spent all that much time with him, but COME ON!
    He did such a GREAT job on his project! I bet you are one proud Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the giveaway!!! That is so cool, and her work is amazing!
    Yay for your little guy doing his own project! What a sense of accomplishment. From the looks of it, it looks like the best kind to grade...followed all directions...easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Science fair projects! I remember those darned things. I always hated them. I guess my girls will be doing them soon enough. Way to go Johnathon on doing it himself!

    Shy? Really? It's funny how kids portray themselves completely different sometimes in a different setting.

    ReplyDelete