Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Paradise ?????

We woke up this morning and things seemed to start off pretty okay considering some of the happenings so far on our trip to Paradise. But, don't be fooled to quickly. We started off our morning by grabbing a bite to eat at the B&B and sat out by the pool to enjoy the view as we ate, doesn't Sean look so happy??????


And, then WAAAAAAA BAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO a Wasp flew inside his shirt from his sleeve and stung him right on his chest!!!!!! Or at least that's what he is saying. I immediately thought "my dear God, I married a man with a third nipple" ;) ha, ha.
Seriously, I couldn't believe it welted him like that and even now it's pretty swollen. So after I dr. him up by taking the stinker out we quickly got ready to set out on our day, Sean had quite a bit packed in that he wanted to do.
So, Sean had mentioned many times before we came to Maui that he really wanted to go up and see the Volcano. I had felt so bad that I've "felt so bad" on our trip that I have tried to not take the "hard core" pain killers during the day and be the "tough" girl that I am and tough it out so that I could enjoy the sites....YEAH RIGHT ;) Any how, Sean continued to thank me many times for agreeing to take the 2 hour drive up to the Volcano. Now as were making this monsterous drive (and yes, 2 hours is Monsterous when your in pain and on switch back roads) Sean begins to tell me that he doesn't remember much of this scenery. I say "what do you mean you don't remember it"??? Sean says "I must have fallen asleep the last time I was a here on the way up"! I say "you've been here before"????????? Sean "yes, I came on a trip here many yrs ago with my Mom"!!!!!! What??????? "I'm in excruciating pain and your making me drive up this stupid mountain so that you can see the same exact thing you saw many yrs ago with your Mom, NOTHING!!!! The reason you don't remember it, is because there is nothing to see"!!!!!!! I obvisouly had a case of what I like to call "pissy pants". I knew Sean had been to Hawaii before, he seems to have been every where on the face of the planet at some point with his Mom, what I didn't know was that I had to ride in an uncomfortable convertible, up switch back roads to 10,000 ft elevation in pain.

Haleakala Volcano! This is what you see when you get up to the top, the clouds!!! Your so high that your above the darn clouds!!!! I told Sean "since you've got me this high, you better knock on Jesus Door and ask for a favor to let me in" ;)

I'm giving Sean fish lips as I wait for my lunch, obviously hungry, ancy, and irritable....She's in a mood, better Run Seannie Run!!! ;)
Sean is such a smart man and knows that food is really my true love. He feed me lunch and of course ice cream and gave me a pain pill and off to Snorkel he went. He saw 4 giant Sea Turtles today at Napali Bay and said that one of them must have been at least 200 pounds!!! It was his first time seeing Sea Turtles so he was pretty impressed. After snorkeling we had a fancy smancy dinner at Pacifico's on the water with a beautiful view.

Amazing Sunset tonight after dinner and our last that we will see here on Maui.......
or at least this time. Sean said he is taking me back again for a 2nd honeymoon, since I got sick on this one!! He's a keeper, even if he did trick me into riding up that mountain today!

4 comments:

  1. What a trip you guys are having!! Sorry about Sean's bite! Looks like it hurt. third nipple...you are so funny. I love reading your blog because you write just the way that you talk and it makes me laugh. I was laughing about your case of the pissy pants when Sean took you up to the volcano! I would have been a bit pissy too. Hope you guys have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Katie, this honeymoon of yours.....
    Poor Sean! That bite looked like it hurt!!! I am cracking up at your blog post though. I have been to Hawaii several times and have NO desire to go up to see that stupid volcano. We did the ride to Hana and that was AWFUL! I get car sick, and felt like upchucking the whole way. The kids hated it too!!!
    But snorkeling I Love. Last time Greg and I were there, two summers ago, we saw oodles of turtles. And on one excursion, a giant sea turtle CHARGED me in the water. That was so funny. That was our trip of the turtles. Greg got me a gold bracelet from a jewelry store there, with three sea turtles representing our three kids, and our fun trip in Hawaii and all the turtles!!!
    Can't wait to get my Mom hooked up to her lappy so she can enjoy your blog too. Now she is so excited to hear all about what I have been telling her! Greg is working hard on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    I just talked to my mom. She is so excited to see you. She said that time is fine, and it is fine for you to bring Nana too! Do you know where she lives, or would you like us to have Cody go pick her up for you? Can you call her to let her know you are coming so she doesn't go in to the dining room for lunch that day. Also, Mom said make it easy for lunch, there is also a McDonald's right there on Lakeview and YL blvd, by Nana's, and also a sandwich shop on opposite corner in Chili's center that is really good. So do whatever is easist. If I can swing it, I will come too. I wish I could come too, but that is getting close to Noah's nap time.
    Have a good last day in Hawaii! Don't get stung Sean...and Katie, hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy,
    I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets car sick and had no desire to see that darn Volcano! ;)
    I will pick up an italian sub either at Frisco's or the sandwhich shop by Chili's......Food is always a priority in my life, will be no problem at all. I will call Nana and ask what she wants too!

    ReplyDelete