Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

Jonathan got to start his day Zoom, Zoom, Zooming with his Papa. I saw Jonathan run out the door with Papa to check out the Porsche and I quickly ran up the stairs to get my camera, and I quickly heard vroommmmmmmmm, vroommmmmmmmm and I thought "oh dear"!!
This smile on Jonathan's face is the look of "look at me Mom, you can't do anything, because my Papa is your Dad and the overall ruler" :) When J man got out of the car he said "that car is so WICKED AWESOME" ;)
We had lunch today with my Beautiful Nana and Aunt Diane at my Aunt's new Spectacular place on the Lake. Jonathan pretended to be the Skipper for most of the afternoon out on Aunt Diane's Boat. Nana decided she needed to get out there and show Jonathan how it's done.
Me and My Amazing Grandmother. My Nana will be 95 yrs old in just two weeks and I think she is still sharp as a Tack. Sean had some time alone with her out on the boat and last night before we went to sleep he shared all kinds of heartwarming stories that she told Sean about my Dad as a child, the great depression, and her trips back and forth between Texas and California. She truly is an Amazing Soul and we are all so blessed to have her in our lives. I love you Nana!! When we took her back to her place after our visit (a nice assisted living community) we were walking her down her hall to her room and she says "it's quiet here, too quiet, sometimes I just want to yell FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, and see what all these people would do"!!! ;) Now, I don't know for sure, but I would guess that my Nana must be one of the oldest people there, but she certainly does not think so!!! Age truly is a state of mind!!!!!

Nana, myself, and my Aunt Diane. For those that don't know Nana is my Dad's Mom and Aunt Diane is my Dad's older sister. I hold my Aunt Diane as near to my heart as my Nana. She is truly the best Aunt one could have. I could go on and on about wonderful stories of her and how lucky my sisters and I have been to have her through the years. My heart goes out to her as she is recovering from a very bad ankle, knee, and shoulder injury and spending her summer cooped up in the house! My Aunt is always on the go, go, go, so this is very difficult for her. It was so wonderful to have lunch with her and have time to visit, I wish that they were not so few and far between! I pray that she has a speedy recovery!!!!! Thank you Aunt Diane for having us over today, we had a wonderful visit!!!!

And the day just keeps getting better. Last night my Dad had a small bbq at his house with Sue's daughters and families and my Most Dearest life long friend Amy and Kirt. Amy and I met as soon as I moved the last time from WA to CA in the 6th grade and has been my dear friend since. I spent most of my free time thru Jr. High and High School with her at her parents home in Corona. She has been there for me thru all good and bad in my life and I just miss her dearly. There are some friends that you will have your entire life, and Amy is that friend of mine!!

Sean is holding Andi and Dusty's baby boy Brody. He is now 3 1/2 months old and such a good, good baby. Andi is Sue's oldest daughter and they have a great little family. It was so nice to finally meet him during our trip, we wish them all well........

2 comments:

  1. Really cute pics Katie! I love that you are blogging with us now. I have gotten to know more about you in this last month than I have in the last 10 years, since you were a youngun'.
    I am so enjoying getting to take a look into your world.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dido, dido, dido......I feel the same way. For months I have loved as much as I possibly can to enjoy your blog and feel like I wasn't thousands of miles away from our family. The pictures, captions, and short stories have brought a sense of comfort!!! Now, my long distance friends and family have been enjoying my blog too, I just wish I could get ALL of them to start one too.

    ReplyDelete