Sunday, August 2, 2009

Humphhhhhhhh

It doesn't matter what time Jonathan goes to sleep at night, he is up with the roasters every single morning! This goes back quite a few generations from Nana, to my Dad, to Myself, and now Jonathan. Last night we did not get home until after 11 o'clock and J man was up this morning at 6:15 nudging me to get up and make him some breakfast. Ask and you shall receive............but this time Sean and I were on the receiving end. During the week I wake up at 4:45 every morning for work, and on the weekends no later than 7, but this morning I was draggin bootie! Jonathan loves to help in the kitchen and this morning he took over making everything from fruit salad to scrambled eggs! Now, if I could just get him to learn how to make coffee ;)

Now, there is always some kind of entertainment provided by Jonathan. This morning it was eating his entire meal with his napkin over his head. In another photo you will see a Bee on Sean's fork, Jonathan was afraid a Bee might get him.
Can you imagine trying to conversate with him like this........
There it is, Sean has a thing for Bee's lately. Lucky for him, this one didn't get him.
I think he looks like a Pilgrim ;)
Sean worked so hard at eating his breakfast, that he had to recover with a little late morning nappy after Church.
I'm so ornery to take photos of him while he sleeps, I know ;)
My favorite saying is "life is to bitter to not enjoy sweet things". I made Sean and I a little treat after the Squirrel went to bed.

Your wondering why Ice Cream in a coffee cup??? If you don't do this, you must!! You can pack a whole bunch of ice cream into one of these cups, and because you compact it deep in, it stays cold and frozen without melting!! I started eating my ice cream in a coffee cup about 11 yrs ago when I moved back in with my Dad and Sue. They were so generous to buy ice cream constantly because I have a daily addiction of eating it. I think one of them started complaining on how fast the ice cream disappeared and I was complaining on why my hips were thickening. So, to kill two birds with one stone, I started eating my ice cream in a cup thinking I couldn't get as much in a cup as I could a bowl. Oh how quickly I learned that I could get even more in it ;)
Chocolate Makes my Jeans Shrink!!! Humphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but it's so darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice breakfast outside. Minus the bee on the fork of course. My girls are the same way, no matter what time they go to bed, 6am or 6:30 I hear them. Claire is usually fussing for me to come get her, and Hannah is jumping on her bed and yelling at people out her window! Kids.

    Ice cream in a cup. I might have to try that. We recently have been hooked on the turtle tracks light ice cream. It's light, and it's sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it has cooled off there! Nice outdoor breakfast. Silly J man! And the ice cream in a cup looks mighty yummy!

    ReplyDelete