Friday, August 14, 2009

Operation Lazy F Camp

Remove Formatting from selectionLast Sunday we dropped Jonathan off at his very first overnight 1 week camp, over 100 miles away!!! It has been a very LONGGGGG week for Mom. The only communication between parents and campers was the good ol pen and paper writing system. So as a prepared Mother I sent Jonathan with pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelopes, and pen and paper and specific instructions to write me every night! NOT ONE SINGLE LETTER ALL WEEK!!! The nerve of this child to disobey me ;) I can't tell you all the horrible thoughts that crossed my mind all week. I'm SO HAPPY HE IS HOME!!!!!

The Lazy F Camp is a location of a variety of summer camps, Jonathan went here on a very special camp designated for children that currently have a parent/parents deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan. Jonathan's Dad is currently serving in Afghanistan and Jonathan was proud to represent him!


And, here he goes..........All smiles and ready to camp the nights away.
Entertaining as always..................


Hiking up to his Cabin

Arranging his Bunk


Looking out at the Creek


And sent home with the "NORO" Virus!! 7 Campers, 1 Counselor, and two additional sent off to the ER with the Noro Virus. Jonathan woke up with it this morning and was picked up at 11 am this morning! Poor Baby feels just awful and has been sleeping in this spot all day! I just hate that he feels so terrible, BUT I'M SO HAPPY HE IS HOME!!!! It's one thing to have your young children away with Grandparents, it's a different story when they go off to camp! I stuck around camp last Sunday when we dropped him off longer than I was supposed to following Jonathan around. He finally came up to me and said "Mom, your starting to embarrass me, you can go home now"! WHAT??? REALLY?? At 8 yrs of age I'm already embarrassing him!!! Just wait J man until the girls start barking up your tree, I will show you embarrassed!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. OH NO...poor Jonathon! What IS that virus? And poor Mama!!! How heard that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete