Monday, September 7, 2009

On Sunday Morning the kids had Cabin Fever, it rained all day on Saturday & Sunday morning. Keaton's Birthday was on the 2nd & he had yet to open his gifts from Jonathan. This is the two of them waiting, not so happily to open his gifts before Church that morning.

Don't they look thrilled?!

Here he goes

Happy 8th Birthday Keaton!!!!

After Church, the boys went to play Laser Tag & the girls came home to do some baking. Misti taught me how to make her Famous Layered No Bake Pumpkin Pie. My Dad LOVES her Pumpkin Pie and had it one year at our house in Missouri when Misti brought it over for Thanksgiving Dinner. Last year I attempted to make the pie for my Dad on Thanksgiving & he said "it's not as good as Misti's"!! ;) Well, I learned that I messed up on the directions!!! Misti steered me in the right direction this time & we made two, one to sample, one to save for my Dad on Thursday. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it!!!!
Brock asking Misti if she needs her shower cap in the morning!!! ;) Brock enjoyed himself a bottle of wine with dinner ;)
We all woke up at 3:30am this morning to take them to the airport ;( I cried the entire ride home!!!! It was so Wonderful to have my friends here this weekend, I miss them Terribly!!!!
Once we got home from the airport, we all napped until sunlight & then Sean had to get busy packing. You can see in the back drop Jonathan sitting on the steps watching him!
It was quite an emotional morning for all of us! The reality of the situation really hit as we watched Sean pack.
This week is the week that Sean departs. It's going to be a very tough week for all of us to get through! We are just so Sad at the thought of spending the year without Sean. I pray that God will provide a blanket of protection over Sean while he is away & one over mine and Jonathan's hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Katie,
    I am also praying that Sean will be protected and safe while away, and that you and Jonathon will be as well. I wish you didn't live so far away!!! Oh...what can I do?
    : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie,
    Those last two pictures are so touching. I can't imagine how emotional the days leading up to his departure must be. And the days while he is away too. I will also keep Sean and you and Johnathon in my prayers. I wish I could do something too!
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs from California. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie!
    1. I love Seany with the flip flops with the socks while packing!
    2. Those last two pictures, made me cry!
    3. I love ya'll, I am praying for ya'll and Sean's safety and quick return!!!
    Call us if you need us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too, me too, me too!!! I hope this yr flies by!!!

    ReplyDelete