A few post back I talked about making a Layered No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Misti for my Dad when he came to visit. Well, here is my Dad & Jonathan enjoying Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast yesterday morning. Yes, they had Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast, terrible I know! My Dad was to full the night before to have any pie for dessert, Jonathan heard my Dad say that he wanted Pie for Breakfast so OF COURSE Jonathan wanted Pie for Breakfast TOO!!!! It was one battle I wasn't in the mood to Battle! Jonathan doesn't even like Pumpkin Pie ;)

Don't they both look devious?

Today we took a small trip over to Sumner, WA. It's a small quaint town that sits at the base of Mt. Rainier. OHHHHHH, What a Cute Town with lots of small adorable Antique & Boutique Shops that were filled to the rim with Fall Decor!!!

Jonathan is telling Sue a Story & Saying "Look At Me"!!!

After we browsed all the shops we ate at a place "The Buttered Biscuit" I asked around for a good place to eat and this was recommended more than once.

Sue ordered SOS!!!!YUCK, DOUBLE YUCK!!!!! SOS doesn't sound good, doesn't look good, and I surely wasn't going to sample it. I remember eating SOS for MANY meals as a child. And, my goodness, could there be anymore of this on the plate?? Sue didn't like it, so my Dad traded his BLT with her. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This was my favorite Antique/Boutique shop and I wanted EVERYTHING in there. I settled on a sign to hang over my table. LOVE IT!!!

Here it is, Come Gather at Our Table. I was hesitant to buy it in Red because I wasn't quite sure it would mesh with my newly painted Blue Dining Room. But, I think it will go great & I'm going to hang it tonight!! I will take pictures after and post it. I'm certainly going back to a painting that I fell in love with! What a neat town, reminded me so much of Oklahoma & Missouri, just what I needed! My Dad & Sue are headed back to CA now, we will see them in one month for my cousins wedding!
I am glad you had your Dad there with you this weekend. And I love your sign! See you at Don's wedding. I didn't know you were coming!!
ReplyDeleteyes, I can't wait. Jonathan and I can only come for the wedding and then have to fly back home the next day, but it will be worth it. we can't wait!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had some fun with your Dad and Sue. I'm so glad they were with you this last weekend too. Hope you're doing ok. I love your new sign! And I also did not know you are coming for Don's wedding. That is great, can't wait to see you! :) I just picked up my bridesmaid dress on Saturday.
ReplyDeletePS- What is SOS???
ReplyDeleteSOS stands for SHIT ON A SHINGLE :) or so thats what my Dad told me as a child. Shingle is suppose to be toast, but I've had it with potatos instead of toast. Regardless Genn, it's disgusting, don't ever make it or order it ;)
ReplyDeleteSee you at Don's Wedding, I bet it will be Beautiful. Are your girls in the Wedding party too?