We did a bunch of munching on these……..
While doing much lounging here……
and here…….
enjoying beautiful views……..
stunning wildlife………
and naked beauty……………
Home we arrive to a house full of friends, food, & gifts & a tumbled, yet delicious cake! we had so much fun, barely any photos were taken of the event ;( My friend RoseMarie whom I was friends with over 7 yrs ago while stationed in OK ( and lost touch with) is now stationed here in WA too & we reconnected a few months ago & she brought this delicious cake. It fell over on the way, but it was still divinely sinful!!! If I blog of all the wonderful gifts I received ya’ll would think I was bragging & I would be ~ so……as I use them, I will share them ;) Thank You Kind & Generous Friends for the Absolutely Warm, Loving, & Incredible Gifts!! I love them ALL!! May my home always to be too small to fit ALL my friends ~ we were all packed tightly in ~
Then early this morning, off to the airport we go………Renee’s husband Mick whom I met while working with a few years ago after I first moved to WA is currently serving another 12 month tour in Korea. Some of my readers will remember that Renee gave up some much *valued* time in the last few weeks that her husband was home before this deployment to be with me in the hospital & help with Jonathan during my illness in the fall. Mick has been called home on Emergency Leave b/c his Mother is currently in Critical Condition in ICU back in his hometown in Colorado. Renee was originally here to stay for 10 days, so obviously her trip was cut short. Our hearts & prayers are with them!! I care deeply for them both & Jonathan is incredibly fond of Renee, so needless to say, it was hard to say goodbye again!
as we impatiently wait for Mick ;)
finally……here he comes……
he spots his wife!
A very emotional embrace! The joy of seeing your wife, yet under horrible circumstances. Mick has been traveling for the past 36 hours trying to get to his wife, to get to his Mother Quickly! They had just a few hours before the next flight, so we all went to lunch to help pass the idle time of the dreadful waiting.
Mick & Renee, we are praying that the Lord will lay gentle hands on Lucille & gives her the strength to hold on for her youngest son to arrive by her side!
Til Next time, my friend!


Katie, it looks like you had a marvelous weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that Renee's trip was cut short and hope all works out well.
Love your new header and all the great pictures you shared :)
What a weekend! Wow... the view you had to relax and celebrate your birthday was amazing! And how very, very special to have family and friends give you such a great birthday party!
ReplyDeleteI will include Renee, Mick and his mother in my prayers!
~Jennifer
You're welcome, so glad you like the necklace!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend and birthday celebration! Now that I know how old you are I can hardly believe you want to hang with this old lady!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't met with all the ladies, but I doubt there would be any problem with a caravan! What fun!!!
So sorry to hear about your friends mom. Praying as I write this. I've been through this and while it's not easy, God is amazing and can make this into a profound visit for Mike and Renee.
Have a great week Katie!!
Nice birthday celebration Katie!!! Good pics!
ReplyDeleteKatie, welcome home!
ReplyDeleteSo happy your birthday was so special for you, you deserve it to the fullest!
May God be with your friends during this difficult time...
Dee Dee
Happy Happy Birthday Katie!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics of the wildlife!
How are you liking your Rebel?
I'm sorry for your friends mother in law.