Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Office Drama

key_art_the_office

I eagerly went back to work yesterday after being off for 5 1/2 months due to illness.  I had only worked at my new office for 1 week before getting sick, so I really didn’t know any of my new co-workers.  Although I did know that I had my work cut out for me because some of my new coworkers were upset that I had gotten the job.

Well, to say the least I was not warmly greeted yesterday! 

I had numerous very unkind comments said to me!

I was only there for 4 hours, & yet it seemed like I had been there for 10!

It takes ALOT to make me cry, I’m not easily offended, & to be quite frank, I don’t have the type of personality that puts up with that sort of nonsense.  But, my body is still tired & I just didn’t have the energy & I was in shock at just how cruel people can be.

So, I went to my desk and worked,  I did more work in that 4 hours than any of those people do in an 8 hour day.  I held my head up high and when I left I stopped at each of their desk on the way out and said “I hope you have a nice evening”.

As soon as the wind hit my face when I left the building the tears started flowing & I called my Dad & blubbered like a child who just got bullied on the playground.

My group of co-workers that I worked with prior to these new “creatures” donated me over 250 hours of sick leave this past fall, sent flowers, came to visit, helped me out tremendously!

So, needless to say it was a rough 1st day back.  I’m thinking tomorrow I will go to the Director and ask for a raise!!!

;)

11 comments:

  1. Oh Katie!! I am so sorry! I'm practically crying here now just reading this. People can be so mean! But adults?! Grown adults? What punks!

    I have no doubt you worked your hiney off, much harder than those stuffed shirt pinheads. Grrrr, see; I go into mafia mode when my friends and family are mistreated.

    You are one classy girl, I love that you said good night to each of them. My Mom always said to kill people with kindness. Wish you were closer; we could go drown your sorrows in Starbucks and Godiva chocolates.

    Praying for you my friend and sending you a big hug.

    And can I just say YAY for Dad's? I've been known to call my Dad recently to vent, too.

    Hugs my friend…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are people so horrible? I mean honestly! But you know, its got to get better from here. They are going to be so ashamed of themselves once they realize what an incredible person you are! They don't even know you for goodness sakes!

    Keep your chin up sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie, I'm sorry it was such a rough first day back. People can be so mean sometimes. When I encounter people like that I always try to tell myself that I have no idea what they may be going through, but still. It gets to you.

    Way to keep your head held high and so goodbye to everyone when you left. It's always good to know that you were the bigger person.

    Hope it gets better soon! I don't see how they can't all just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that. People can be cruel. And sometimes people are totally uncapable of putting themselves in someone elses shoes, which does them a disservice and hurts those around them. I'll bet that once you establish a reputation for working hard, they will all eat crow. Hope it gets better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep your head held high, and do the job you are there to do. Obviously they don't know "our" Katie. But soon they will.
    Hang in there.
    Auntie....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie,
    I'm not sure what makes people so mean, but I'm so sorry you had to deal with it. I was just telling Zac (my son)today that you have to be above the meanness. I think I will read this to him so he really understands how that looks in all stages of life, not just high school. Katie thanks for sharing.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Like Kris said above, they haven't gotten to know "our" Katie yet. On your side... Dee Dee
    Sending you hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bunch of "poop nuggets"!!!! Grow up people !

    I'm sure that once they see how charming they are they will come crawling over to your desk begging forgiveness for the horrible way they acted. Unless of course, your boss saw how much you accomplished compared to them and makes you their supervisor!!!!!

    Praying that tomorrow goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie-
    So sorry about your day. I hope tomorrow gets better, pretty much has to. Can't get much worse!

    Praying for you-

    Oh, and I do my own tax return so no help there. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping for an update on yesterday and praying that it was better:)

    Yes I quilt too...but I really don't accomplish very much!!! I love to sit in my sewing room, look at patterns, fabric, etc., but then get overwhelmed and turn on the tv. Such is my life!!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uggg, that stinks :( So sad to hear that, as if it weren't hard enough to go in after being off to get that!
    Hope it gets better :)

    ReplyDelete