*WARNING*
Pictures below contain MAJOR Bed Head, My PJ's, my Messy House, & a not so flattering picture of my Rump! If you can stomach it, join me on a Surprise Scavenger Hunt!!
The 1st Birthday that Sean & I dated, we had barely been dating & he surprised me with this huge "out on the town" Scavenger Hunt with a Bag of Clues that were delivered to my Work! It was seriously a "Courting" Moment. Well, this morning Sean was home a little later than usual to join me at my MRI. As we were laying there I started to harass him to give me some clues on my birthday gift & was begging that he give me my Birthday Gift Early in Leavenworth tomorrow. I'm such a Snit, I know!
He told me my Birthday Gift is Our Trip to Leavenworth....Okay, I can't argue with that!
He Tricked ME!
The "Junk" Drawer under the Coffee Pot had a Note in it with Clues for a Scavenger Hunt!!
This Clue read:
"There is nothing sweeter than waking up to you by my side. Often, I am not there when you wake so to substitute for that, I have something almost as sweet. In order to find me you will have to brew 12 cups of coffee, not just one"
Underneath our 1 Cup Espresso Machine, we have stored away in the Cabinet a 12 Cup Coffee Pot. Low n Behold.......Another Clue & a Starbucks Gift Certificate!
Clue Reads:
"Happy Birthday my Beautiful, you have some stuff to find. A Squirrel (one of our nicknames for J Man) is never uncomfortable in his own fur. Look on top of where our little squirrel hangs his "fur", and you will find something that will make you more comfortable in your home".
I wonder if the "Squirrel" was in on this too?? My Next Clue read:
"Before you have your coffee, you have one more gift to find. I am a piece of furniture, and I am hiding your last present. I am tall, dark, and handsome. I am always leaning toward you when you pass. I just can't understand why you want to get rid of me. Within me lies a "Picture" of your Birthday Happiness".
OH DEAR, WHAT COULD IT BE?????????
Off to the hideous Armor in the Bedroom!!!
If you couldn't read Sean's Sarcasm in that clue, I obviously despise that Armor, But I just Love what is in that Box!
In High School many of my friends use to say "your such a Rebel". I was sort of....hmmmmmmm... a Wild Child to say it politely. Well, now I'm a Geezer & a REBEL WITH A CAUSE!!!!
I'm not positive, but I think Our friends Elissa & Stacy both have this camera. Stacy has a Website other than her Blog that has some Wonderful photos!!
So, here I am in my PJ's still, trying to figure out how to use the camera and the lenses Seannie bought me!!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sean! Not only for the Gift, but for making it so much darn fun.
I'm certainly Blessed to have such a Thoughtful & Adventurous
Handsome
Hubby!
I will hopefully learn to use it while in Leavenworth!


Aaawww, this is so darn sweet AND fun! What a sweet guy you have! What a fun way to start the day :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!!!
Oh Katie....guess who made gift giving fun like that? Someone we both knew and loved! My FATHER!!!! Your Sean is a keeper. Gift giving should be fun. It doesn't have to be BIG..although big is good too. But to be creative and put real thought into it, is what makes it so special. Enjoy. And welcome to the wonderful world of photography!!!! Have fun this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI DO have that camera, and I LOVE IT. James bought it for me as an early Christmas gift when he was home on R&R. Don't worry, you will be a pro with it before you can blink :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Happy Birthday sweetie! I am so glad it had such a fun start!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!! What a fun way to get your wonderful gift! Can't wait to see your fun with your gift... lots of new pictures! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com
What a fantastic romantic your dear Hubby is! And very cleaver to come up with those fabulous clues! Can't wait to see the photos you come up with your new camera! Have a wonderful trip. How was the MRI?
ReplyDeleteDee Dee
What a creative guy Sean is! That scavenger hunt was so very sweet. AND a Rebel at the end! You lucky girl! I can't wait to see some of your pics with your new camera! Have fun with it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a hoot and what a sweetie!!! I have that camera also and I love it!!! Don't know how to use it properly, but the point and shoot works great!!! Takes incredible pictures!!
ReplyDeleteLove your jammies, you look adorable, and What Butt????!!!!!
Went to the Funky Junk last fall and had a blast. Next best thing to the Farm Chicks and it's so close. Went to Sumner afterwards and that is a great little town with lots of fun shops!
I think we're leaving on Friday too, but we go over Hi-way 2 and hit the antique stores and The Buggy Barn. Don't know if you're into dawdling!!!!!
Have fun in Leavenworth and Happy Birthday again!!
Can I send my hubby to talk to your hubby? I keep planting the seed that my bday AND mom's day is right around the corner and my camera is.... er, OLD. (It's FINE really, but I WANT a new one!!!!) Oh, and how stinkin' cute is that scavenger hunt. Again, I am going to need to get my hubby in touch with yours!!!! :) Good luck with your new toys!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you have a good time on your getaway too. And take lots of pics!
ReplyDeleteHi there, just found you through Erin Home's where my Heart is and I love what your husband did for you on your birthday. What a sweet guy.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your friend's mother, I will keep her in my prayers.