Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some Good Stuff

It's not out of the ordinary to wake up with notes left for J & I by "Seannie"
This morning there were 2, 1 for me, 1 for J Man.  Gotta Love Him for Loving US!

 
Especially since I received this in the mail yesterday!  There may have BEEN MANY HINTS, & even an Unappreciated Diamond Necklace that was returned on V day.  But low and behold, a Majestic Yellow KitchenAid Magically Appeared!

And, where is it you may ask??  Still in the Box!  An Entire Day & it sits in the Box still.  I have to get this Bad Johnson out & used before he RETURNS IT!! 
 
 Anyone heard of this line of Murder Mysteries with Recipes inside?  When I bought it yesterday for another book club I have joined, the young lady ask "Is this for your Grandma"?  No, it's for me, I replied.  She said "Oh, mostly White Haired Ladies buy these" ;)  Really??  It's typically not my kind of book, but I'm game to have some fun with it.
 
Jonathan's pile of books yesterday.  I'm so pleased with what a PHENOMENAL Reader he is.  It really is Remarkable considering his Mother was in Speech Therapy at this age for still not being able to pronounce her R's, S's,  & T's  ;) 
One of my sisters is an Avid Reader & she really encouraged me while I was pregnant to Read to Jonathan & I did then, as an infant & he has never missed a day being read to.  Well, up until of course he decided it wasn't Cool to have your Mom read to you unless your trying to coerce her out of bed @ 5:30 am for Pancakes on a Sat. Morning 
:)

10 comments:

  1. That is a good looking Kitchen Aid!! I love yellow! You're worried it's getting returned? You can make so many things with those...

    That is wonderful Jonathan loves to read. It opens up a whole new world!!

    Hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... the notes are SO sweet!!

    A yellow kitchenaid... *awesome*!

    That is so neat that he enjoys reading so much. I have a pile of books to read that looks as big as his pile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post Katie. You better get to mixin with that new toy! And a diamond necklace was returned? Was it because it was a canardly? :)

    The notes from Sean are sweet. Jake does that often too. He sneaks them in my work book and I'll find them when I'm working. It always makes my day. Sean sounds like such a nice man. Wish we lived closer to get to know him more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You returned it????? Little BRAT!

    Have you read any of Diane Mott's books? She is a caterer and always involves a murder. Lots of good recipes. Maybe they are for white haired ladies too. Kristy turned me on to her.
    go get ot mixin.......love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one lucky lady Miss Katie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It only took me three tries to get the right gift!
    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my kitchen aid for my 50th bday. I love it so much. Not sure what I did before I had it. Seriously, I knead my cinnamon rolls and do laundry at the same time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Tami's comment! She's my buddy and the most amazing cook...don't let her fool you!. She gets more done in a day than I get done all week...or month!!!
    I'm so with you on the diamond necklace thing!! I have returned some thing also!!! But I did get a beautiful diamond and aquamarine necklace for my 25th a few days ago and I love it!!! My kids are aquamarine and my hubby is diamond and I love that they are all included in this!! No more after this one !!! That's what I told him!!! The practicality (and beauty) of the mixer is better than diamonds!!!!
    He got me a new frilly apron too and that is equally as special to me!!!!
    I read to my daughter all the time and she is an avid reader to this day...novels,literature, jane austin, charles dickens, shakespear...you name it, she reads it. I thought I read to my son all the time too, but alas, he is not a reader, so I figure I dropped the ball somewhere!!! I see a HUGE difference in the way they write and their vocabulary so I highly encourage you to keep at it!!! It definitely pays off!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ms. Holly for admitting you returned a Gift, you would think I committed a Crime & I thought My husband would be happy that I saved him a BUNDLE of money by returning it;)
    I can't wait to use my KitchenAid, I'm thinking a delicious Chocolate Cake should be the 1st project in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think i've heard of those books, but i've never read them. Have you ever read Janet Evanovich "stephanie plum" novels? The best mystery books - HILLARIOUS!

    Lucky girl!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete