Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Marriage Retreat

 

On Friday afternoon we headed down South to the Gorge at a Lodge on the Columbia River for a Marriage Retreat Hosted by the Army.  I wish I would have taken some photos of the views on day 1 & 2 when there was sunshine,  but I procrastinated and this is what I got.

IMG_0457

The grounds of the Lodge were Beautifully landscaped with WA’s Evergreens.  The smell itself is so refreshing!

IMG_0459

The classes were okay, the Food was Delicious, the company divine!!  Lots of Family Time!

IMG_0447

The Children’s activities were great!  We took J man swimming in the evenings & the pool had a Big Screen TV in there too.

TWICE the NOISE ;)

IMG_0449

J has stolen my scarf, we just finished a Loaded Dessert and were reading in the lobby.  Sean was nice enough to order this Superb dessert with Ice Cream, Cookies, & Fudge Brownies topped with fresh raspberries!  He had to run out to his truck for something & when he returned there was nothing left of it.  Do we look Guilty???

Hardly!!!

;)

IMG_0478

My oldest sister and her family live nearby this area so we met them up for Lunch on Sunday on our way home at a new Brewery Close to them.  Notice the “Mother Like Son” behavior in the photo!!  My sister is hiding & her son Jacob has his head down!  Very Cooperative you TWO!  Jonathan is of course his Mama’s Son…… a HAM!

IMG_0474 

My Brother N Law Nathan was showing off his new Arm Artwork!  Ouch!  Nathan is doing better than I have ever seen him since his accident!!  He was completely Eating & Drinking on his OWN with his Right Hand!!!  He is maneuvering well in his wheel chair too ~  Praise God!!!  His HARD work with his trainer is paying off!!!

IMG_0473

I had to photo these!  I bought these for Kelly at Whole Foods Market down there.  Chocolates by a Company named "Moonstruck”.  They have the most adorable Chocolates for each season!!

 

HOOAHHHHHHHHHH

to the Army for a great Event!  Marriage is not Always easy & we appreciate that the Army is recognizing how hard deployments can be on Military Marriages.

10 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! fun for all! The lodge looks peaceful and relaxing!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!

    Girl, you totally guessed my "local!" LOL I try to be all secretive but people still figure it out... though that's not the town I live in... (yet) :) (I love it there) You crack me up! Oh and I love the artwork in the post below too!

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first picture!! Such a pretty shot of the mountains.

    What a blessing from the Army. I can't imagine how hard deployments are on families. So glad you got to go.

    And those super cute chocolates!!!

    I hope and pray your appointment went well on Friday. Is it June yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that the army has those retreats. And that you were close enought to visit with Kelly and Jacob and Nathan. That is great that Nathan is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooah!!

    Looks like you all had a wonderful time! So happy to hear your brother in law is doing so well!! :) Those chocolates are *adorable*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recap of a nice weekend retreat. Darn that Kelly for hiding. Nathan looks great. Couldn't see Jacob, but I have seen him recently at your wedding. Those chocolates look darling and yummy!! Hey, who said you looked like me???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, Do you remember a friend of mine, Sarah Christos? Her Mom Donna Christos knows you, not sure that I remember where the connection was but she use to alwayssssss tell me that I looked like my Aunt Kristy! They still live in Corona too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had a fantastic weekend! Lots of fun :) OH.....and my rule is, if you run out on dessert, then you are out of luck! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great that the Army provided that for you. With deployments and time away from families, that really is a blessing .What fun for the whole family. Hello on that dessert. Yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THOSE CHOCOLATES! Especially the Ladybug one!!!!!!! SOOOO CUTE! and what a great sounding weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete