Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday DAD D !!!!!

Happy Birthday Dad




As I searched my file folders for the "Best" photo to post of my Dad in Honor of his 59th Birthday today, this was the one! Not because it's a good photo of him or any of us really for that matter, but because this was the home that I was born in. Yes, I do realize that it's not my birthday, but 2 Thanksgivings ago my Dad took us on a little road trip back to where I was born & to SEVERAL other homes that we lived in. My Dad has such fond memories of these little quaint homes that we once resided in & gives so much insight into his personality. You could drive through the nicest of neighborhoods & not get him to say a word, but drive him through a neighborhood like this & he suddenly turns into "Chaddy Daddy" talking of what year, make, & model the windows are! My Dad is an Amazing Craftsman, able to make & fix almost anything with his hands.Here he is in his Outdoor Bar, notice that his now Outdoor Bar is bigger than the entire house we once lived in ;) I really wish I had a photo on the computer of our "Cabin" in Montana that he built us back in the 80's. If I remember correctly it was smaller than 20X20 feet and 5 of us lived there!!! Yes, 5 of us, NO running water or Electricity!! Wow Huh! We had an Outhouse!!!! I like to pretend that Chapter in our life was a really LONG camping trip. :) When we moved from Montana back to Washington we left there with NOTHING, I mean really, what were we going to take.......the plumbing pipes we didn't own??? But, my Dad loved it & it certainly taught me life lessons that some will never fully understand.


Me doing what I do best with Dad, Pester & Follow him around! Some things never change, at 30 something, when I'm blessed to be spending time with my Dad, I still follow him around ;) Whatcha doin?? What's for dinner? Where ya been all day? I can't believe I come all the way down here to visit you and your gone all day! Can I drive your car, can I, can I, huh, huh, huh!!!! He may find this annoying, I on the other hand am "TRYING" to allow him to revisit his younger days!!! ;)

Happy Birthday Dad!!! In my opinion, Your the Greatest Man Alive! You have had 59 years of adventure, I hope that your around for at least 59 more, I could write an entire book on the reasons why I adore this Man.........

6 comments:

  1. Ah....how sweet! Happy Birthday Uncle Johnny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to your Dad!!! I hope he is doing fabulously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a sweet post for your Pops Katie.

    Happy Birthday Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Can you get over that tiny house? Boy have things changed with the whole super size era. I can't imagine raising kids in a house that small. We'd all kill each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...Happy Birthday to your Daddy. :)

    And thanks for the well thought out comment on my post. Wow, I never imagined so many people would be so fired up about my doctor. I was surprised, but the support was nice. I completely agree with you (and him) that I need more cushioning and support. I haven't posted it yet, but I did go to Fleet Feet last night and they said I absolutely should NOT wear mens shoes, but that the doctor was right about my arches. I liked two pairs, a pair of mizuno waves and a pair of saucony progrid (?). The sauconys were the most cushioned, but the mizuno felt more natural. I was so torn, but went with the mizuno and Fleet Feet said I can switch them out for the saucony if I have any issues. :) I'm heading out for 5 miles now, we'll see how they go.

    Sorry to take over your Daddys Birthday comment section, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries Tricia, I hope they work for ya!!

    ReplyDelete