Friday, January 1, 2010

Aren't they Pretty

No resolutions, words, ideas or cures to share, just this stalk of Brussel Sprouts this New Year!
My only memory of Brussel Sprouts as a child, was to hold my nose and drench them in ketchup as I gagged them down my gullet. Certainly there must be a better way, These are just gorgeous & cheap too, $2.99 at Trader Joes.
I just ate them one by one right off the stalk! Ha, ;) I'm on a mission to find the best recipe to enjoy these little cabbage heads.

Happy New Year Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's my niece! Well, technically...my cousin, but you are young enough to be my daughter, so niece fits better.
    I LOVE brussels and I bought them on the stalk a while back too, and I LOVED them. I have always wanted to decorate a fall buffet with brussels on the stalk. Now I know to go to Trader Joe's to get them. But when I did, back in November, I asked them if they have them all winter, and they said it was hit and miss. I was in Trader's yesterday to buy some basil and I noticed that they had them again.
    Did Sean have to go back Katie?
    Your scheduled for surgery on the 8th?
    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to post a good recipe if you find one. Until then, I'm not touching them! They sure look pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten brussel sprouts since about 1982. My ex boyfriend (oh, so long ago) used to eat them. I think anything with enough butter and seasoning tastes good. Like your blog. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy,
    I love trader joes, they have such great deals & love it stuff.
    Sean is here for a few more days for now & yes on the 8th.
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see you blogging again! I am glad Sean got to stay a few more days. Mick leaves me tomorrow :( Life has been hectic will all the traveling and I guess it will remain so. I will be saying my prayers for your surgery. I miss you sooooooooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete