Yummy Carrot Cake!
I was in charge of making dessert for a dinner last night. I was a bit nervous that I had decided on making a recipe that I had not attempted yet, but it turned out so moist & full of flavor, the apple butter & pineapple really make this cake great . Not even a sliver was left. I altered a recipe I had found some time ago in Missouri. It may have been in a Taste of Home Magazine, not sure, but here it is:
Ingredients:
2 cups cake flour2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated carrots
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Frosting
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup honey Greek-Gods style yogurt
Tub of extra cream cool whip
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees & dust frosted cake with Cinnamon


Wow! I'm salivating and it's only 8am!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a beautiful cake!!
ReplyDeleteOh Katie, that looks like a winner! I too have a great carrot cake recipe that I love. I made it for Don and Kaylen's engagement party and it was a huge hit! Yours looks equally as delicious! I do believe you have the "cooking" gene that seems to run deep in our family!
ReplyDeleteBon Appetit!
I don't much care for carrot cake & that looks phenominal! Mmm :)
ReplyDeleteI think my mom is right & you have the cooking gene!!
Thanks for the sweet comment! I do have a very good man by my side & my best friend... :)
That is very pretty! If I was a cake fan I'd try it, but I'm not too big on sweets. I'd rather eat guacamole all day long! Although, I do appreciate chocolate when it's needed.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow that looks spectacular! Cut me a slice and express mail it to me! :)
ReplyDeleteOh. my. word..... carrot cake is one of my faves. It looks like I can do this. My newly enlarged bootie thanks you.... My husband does too! :)
ReplyDeleteThat was the best cake I have ever had. Thank you to my beautiful wife!!!!
ReplyDelete