Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Veggie Time

Look at all these Colors..... The more bold & vibrant, the better they are suppose to be for our bodies right! Well, my Jonathan isn't so big on "wanting" to eat his veggies.

I had a ton of veggies on hand that were needing to get used.
I normally use half white pasta & half wheat, but my tummy has decided recently that it's not big on wheat. I love the traditional bow tie noodles for pasta salads & I saw this Wacky Mac pasta that is super colorful & thought for sure it would be a big hit with J man. If you end up wanting the recipe, these are the other ingredients you will need, along with a package of skinless, boneless chicken breast. I saved ya'll from having to view a photo of it, figured we all now what it looks like.
Annie's Natural "Goddess" Dressing is a must for this pasta salad! It has such Yummy Flavor, I can eat it by itself.

Dinner is served! It's so easy, so good, & makes for great lunch leftovers. It's pretty self explanatory on how to make it. You chop up your veggies, cook your pasta, grill your chicken, & pour on the dressings & toss. I use Goddess, Italian, & Caesar Dressings!
And best of all, Jonathan eats a ton of it. With all those veggies, it would only be right to balance some Chocolate into this equation......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm what to make next!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Katie...that looks GREAT!!!! You are making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous. I will need to make that this week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks REALLY good! All of those colors make it so pretty. I am trying this!

    So, all veggies pictured you chopped and put into it? And do you use 4 chix breasts or 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genn, I used 4 of those bell peppers and all the other veggies & 4 chicken breast. I only showed one bowl of how much I really ended up making. I have enough to feed an entire platoon! You could make this same recipe with two chick breast, the other veggies, & just one box of bow tie noodles & you would have plenty for your size family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful dinner last night. I am looking forward to having the left overs for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Seannie is here!! Your most Welcome Sean, dinner is wonderful, with you here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie Noah wont eat his veggies either & Jeremy is a huge pasta fan I rarely make it but this looks great! I'm going to try this! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. My friends (Goat and the Kid & No Really, I'm just Saying blogs) were eating lunch with me when we ran into #17 Cherry Tree Lane and recognized her from her pics! We had no idea she even lived near us. Can you believe it! Glad you liked the cookies. We used to live in Kirkland, WA and had friends in Lacey, so I know you're area. Beautiful up there in WA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I just checked your current reads and found several books I read over the summer (Memory Keepers Daughter, The Shack, Guernsey Literary...) and the Help is on my wish list. Interesting. I'll check out some of your recommendations since we seem to have similar tastes in books!

    ReplyDelete